Announcements...?

Suggestion you might have for new links for my CERN portal page or suggestions for the forum
Kasuha

Announcements...?

Post by Kasuha » Tue Mar 20, 2012 9:39 am

I thing we've got some announcement misuse on this forum. The thing is, a post made in a thread marked as 'announcement' highlights the section in which it was created and this highlight does not disappear if I access the thread from another section. Sometimes I can't even find which thread is causing the highlight and I have to use the 'mark all as read' function to get rid of it.
Moreover, a post made in the '2012 Events Discussion' thread highlights the 'New Users Start Here' section which does not make too much sense to me.
I suggest to move to using normal sticky threads instead of announcements and put these threads to appropriate sections, i.e. The Accelerator and/or Science.

DCWhitworth
LHCPortal Guru

Re: Announcements...?

Post by DCWhitworth » Tue Mar 20, 2012 10:32 am

I agree, however we're struggling a little at the moment. Both our site admins are not very active right now so our ability to make changes is limited.
DC

The LHC - One ring to rule them all !

CharmQuark
Site Admin

Re: Announcements...?

Post by CharmQuark » Tue Mar 20, 2012 12:15 pm

Hi there Kasuha and DC,

I am not quiet sure what you would like us to do, the forum has not changed in the past 3 years, if you click on any of the other sections of the forum the announcements are selected to be at the top no matter what, so you should be able to see in the view new posts where everything is. However I will move the '2012 Events Discussion' to The Accelerator and let me know if it makes any diffence. ok it has been moved, hope you are both doing fine and dandy.

Your ever loving CQ :thumbup:
Anyone who doesn't take truth seriously in small matters cannot be trusted with large ones either by Albert Einstein.