Several biggest errors of particle physicists.

Anything can be discussed, tempers may flare.
This forum has no connection with CERN, the LHC or my site.

Moderator: CharmQuark

Forum rules
Any controversial topic can be discussed. Freedom of expression is encouraged. The scientific validity of things posted in this forum may stray from reality quite wildly and the reader is advised to keep that in mind. Please refrain from bad language and DO NOT get overly abusive with other members. You MUST post in English. It is OK to have fiercely intense debate. This forum has no connection with CERN, the LHC or my site. The views here do not represent the forum's views or my views in any way. It is meant as a place to debate or discuss subjects that may create heated debate. Almost no moderation will occur in this forum at all.
Stephen

Re: Several biggest errors of particle physicists.

Post by Stephen » Sun Feb 14, 2010 3:26 am

Thank you, photino. Finally someone with real answers that don't avoid the point.
photino wrote:Stephen. It seems to me your question is, what if a quark-gluon plasma such as that created at RHIC or LHC heavy-ion collisions "somehow" catalyses a vacuum transition, so that heavy ion collisions at 2.8 TeV/nucleon are somehow more risky than p-p collisions at that energy. Is there cosmic ray data for heavy ions in this energy range to rule this out.
Yes. What got me worried is that I tried to find heavy ion collisions at an energy higher than 2.76 TeV in cosmic rays, and I couldn't find any. The RHIC safety report specifically said there is no knowledge which type of collision is more successful at triggering phase transitions, so both types have to be checked. If you're saying that heavy ion collisions in nature are indeed higher from the same type of collisions in the LHC, then I guess there is no reason to be worried. Right?

photino
LHCPortal Guru

Post by photino » Sun Feb 14, 2010 3:43 am

Of course I don't think there's any reason to be worried - especially as looking specifically at heavy ion cosmic rays is an additional safety check on top of many other considerations. Because of RHIC, the quark-gluon plasma phase is much better understood than it was at the time the RHIC safety report was written. But read the cosmic ray review yourself to put your mind at rest... the RHIC report also refers to data from iron cosmic rays, and this provides an update. (It looks like there has been much experimental progress over the last decade, for instance the GZK cutoff has been confirmed fairly well.)

PS - This thread was probably not the best place to ask this particular question. Maybe it is possible to move the key posts to a separate thread?

MagneticTrap

Post by MagneticTrap » Sun Feb 14, 2010 9:41 am

Existence of high energy cosmic rays (protons or ions) does not give any guarantee that the same particle collisions are safe at head-on colliders.
Indeed “dangerous particle condensate” (Condensate) can be created at both cases.
It is obvious that Condensate has its rest energy and binding energy.
It was proved that total binding energy of Condensate is smaller than kinetic energy of atmospheric particles in the system of Condensate, if it was created by collision of cosmic particle with atmospheric one. Consequently, cosmo-atmospheric Condensate would be ruined immediately. But collider Condensate will not be ruined and it can grow, if this growth is permitted by physical laws.

Till now there were theoretically described several types of Condensates: pion condensate, stranglet, magnetized vacuum, magnetic vacuum domain, magnetic holes and so on. In fact, the mentioned types of condensates are different approximations to one and the same Condensate, which can be created in Nature or in a physical experiment. These approximations were grounded on different types of forces. I tried to investigate Condensate, which is connected presumably by magnetic forces. Now I can see that my results coincide quite good with the results, received in the investigations of Condensate, connected by pions (pion condensate, Migdal), gluon condensate (Savvidy?), sea quark-antiquark pairs, strange quarks..

The main conclusion: Condensate can be created at particle collision with energy of about 1-TeV per particle.

It is clear, at least for me, that microscopic droplet of Condensate will be created very soon at LHC. This can lead to further rapid explosion of Earth and extermination of our Civilization. Particle physicists will not stop their experiments, because the stop of these high-energy experiments will mean that they do recognize that these collisions are really dangerous for the whole Earth. The recognition of the danger will mean that most of particle physicists are already criminals or global terrorists, - they did not stop their dangerous experiments despite court cases and disputes, lasting nearly ten years.

So, dear citizens, be ready to near death. You all will be murdered soon by criminals, who name themselves as “scientists”.

http://darkenergy.narod.ru/ru.html

phil

Post by phil » Sun Feb 14, 2010 10:00 am

Please stop scare mongering Ivan. It's getting stupid now !!!

Jane Louise

MagneticTrap

Post by MagneticTrap » Sun Feb 14, 2010 11:50 am

phil wrote:Please stop scare mongering Ivan. It's getting stupid now !!!
I want to live. It is stupid to seat silently and wait when physicists (potential murders) will kill you.

Their crime creates my crime. To see my crime, find and read my post here:
http://groups.google.com/group/alt.terr ... 1ee1?hl=en#
ORION111 wrote:Ivan, what is Phaeton?
Between Mars and Jupiter there was a planet, which was probably exploded with the help of collider.
Now there is an asteroid belt there.

In a week or slightly more CERN physicists can transform the Earth into new asteroid belt.
In a billion years your remnants will drop at the decks of Venues pirates.

Stephen

Post by Stephen » Sun Feb 14, 2010 12:56 pm

For the last time Ivan - you're not trying hard enough to prevent the global suicide. Call this scientist who doesn't believe in the big bang, and tell him about your theory. If you have time to write posts all over the internet, you surely have enough time to do 1 phone call. If you don't call him, it means that you don't actually want to live.
http://internal.physics.uwa.edu.au/~john/

phil

Post by phil » Sun Feb 14, 2010 1:16 pm

Yes, Ivan! If you are that concerned do as Stephen says. I thought the Earth was meant to explode back in December when the other collisions happened. It's no good you telling us all about it we can do nothing about it.Get on to the right people NOW if it is so important!
I await your answer to see if you have done anything.

spencer

Post by spencer » Sun Feb 14, 2010 4:32 pm

photino

Thanks for the outstanding posting.

However, this thread may be the precise place to post this info.

By now, it should be easy to filter through MagneticTrap's spamming and "Cosmik Debris".

Your posts, now focus this thread into a concise direction.

MagneticTrap

Post by MagneticTrap » Mon Feb 15, 2010 10:07 am

Stephen wrote:If you don't call him, it means that you don't actually want to live.
He will not able to STOP experiment.
There were even Nobel Prize winners, who had said about the dangers from collider particle collisions. They are also unable to stop the LHC experiment.
We can see now that courts cases are also failed.
So, we can wait only for some miracle forms of our salvation.
Here are some such forms as I see them:
1. Rebellion of citizens of Geneva with blocking the entrances to LHC.
2. Bombardment of LHC by terrorists.
3. Explosions of oil and gas pipes, leading to Europe.
4. Taking of some physicists as hostages and the threat to cut off their heads if CERN would not stop the experiment leading to the global extermination.

I would be performed the third point, but I have no sufficient money and time to buy explosives and to hire performers.

We all will be killed in a few days with probability of about 50%.
So, even the nuclear bombardment of LHC with killing of about of 10 000 of people, with 100% probability, is more humane, than explosion of Earth by CERN and killing of 6 600 000 000 of people with 50% probability.

Stephen

Post by Stephen » Mon Feb 15, 2010 11:49 am

MagneticTrap wrote: There were even Nobel Prize winners, who had said about the dangers from collider particle collisions. They are also unable to stop the LHC experiment.
Who?

Tau
LHCPortal Guru

Post by Tau » Mon Feb 15, 2010 1:07 pm

Please Ivan, stop the bullshit.
For everyone else:
If you actually want to increase your life expentancy:
  • Cross the street carefully.
  • Eat you veggies.
  • Exercise.
  • Don't scare yourself by reading scaremongering nonsense.
- Tau

CharmQuark
Site Admin

Post by CharmQuark » Mon Feb 15, 2010 1:11 pm

Tau wrote:Please Ivan, stop the bullshit.
For everyone else:
If you actually want to increase your life expentancy:
  • Cross the street carefully.
  • Eat you veggies.
  • Exercise.
  • Don't scare yourself by reading scaremongering nonsense.
Well said Tau :)
Anyone who doesn't take truth seriously in small matters cannot be trusted with large ones either by Albert Einstein.

Allan

Post by Allan » Mon Feb 15, 2010 3:54 pm

Ivan, you are an idiot.

Allan

Beast

Post by Beast » Mon Feb 15, 2010 5:08 pm

> cosmic rays go up to around 10^6 TeV, though the data gets much thinner there.

Temperature of kernel of a sun 10 000 000K

Burn out from vodka

CharmQuark
Site Admin

Post by CharmQuark » Mon Feb 15, 2010 5:26 pm

Beast wrote:> cosmic rays go up to around 10^6 TeV, though the data gets much thinner there.

Temperature of kernel of a sun 10 000 000K

Burn out from vodka
What are you talking about Beast :angry-screaming:
Anyone who doesn't take truth seriously in small matters cannot be trusted with large ones either by Albert Einstein.