Hi

New users should check this forum first. Say hi.
KarelGabriel

Hi

Post by KarelGabriel » Sat Nov 13, 2010 11:48 am

Hi, I'm Carl from Belgium.
Like you I'm really excited about the LHC and the results it's achieving (+ going to make).
I respond to criticism directed towards the LHC which comes from friends, colleagues or on the internet. Sometimes it's about the money aspect and the ROI. But mostly people just make simple remarks regarding scientists that will destroy the world. Up until now, I could easily counter their remarks. But since the 8th of November of this year; I'm having difficulties in argumentation towards critics. (post to come)
That's why I registered here, I see that many of you are well informed (anyway much better than me) about the LHC and physics in general. So, if possible and if you have time, please help me with building up a little bit of argumentation.
Thanks!

tswsl1989
LHCPortal Guru

Re: Hi

Post by tswsl1989 » Sat Nov 13, 2010 1:47 pm

Welcome to the LHC portal Carl :)

Have a read, ask questions and make yourself at home!

CharmQuark
Site Admin

Post by CharmQuark » Sat Nov 13, 2010 5:33 pm

Welcome to our happy place Carl :thumbup:

Good to have you here with us :D
Anyone who doesn't take truth seriously in small matters cannot be trusted with large ones either by Albert Einstein.

Tim_BandTechDotCom

Post by Tim_BandTechDotCom » Sat Nov 13, 2010 5:38 pm

Hi, I'm Carl from Belgium.
Like you I'm really excited about the LHC and the results it's achieving (+ going to make).
I respond to criticism directed towards the LHC which comes from friends, colleagues or on the internet. Sometimes it's about the money aspect and the ROI. But mostly people just make simple remarks regarding scientists that will destroy the world. Up until now, I could easily counter their remarks. But since the 8th of November of this year; I'm having difficulties in argumentation towards critics. (post to come)
That's why I registered here, I see that many of you are well informed (anyway much better than me) about the LHC and physics in general. So, if possible and if you have time, please help me with building up a little bit of argumentation.
Thanks!
Hi Carl.

This place seems to be pretty quiet, but appears to be minimally censored.
I look forward to reading your position, though I am not a particle physicist. I have read the Ukranian's criticism (MagneticTrap here), and can really only judge those discussions by the method of their content rather than by the content itself. I find that this is generally adequate, for the weaker position will always resolve to namecalling without content. Call it a study on human behavior through free speech.