Eric Penrose

Anything can be discussed, tempers may flare.
This forum has no connection with CERN, the LHC or my site.

Moderator: CharmQuark

Forum rules
Any controversial topic can be discussed. Freedom of expression is encouraged. The scientific validity of things posted in this forum may stray from reality quite wildly and the reader is advised to keep that in mind. Please refrain from bad language and DO NOT get overly abusive with other members. You MUST post in English. It is OK to have fiercely intense debate. This forum has no connection with CERN, the LHC or my site. The views here do not represent the forum's views or my views in any way. It is meant as a place to debate or discuss subjects that may create heated debate. Almost no moderation will occur in this forum at all.
Stephen

Eric Penrose

Post by Stephen » Tue Nov 02, 2010 2:20 am

Has anyone heard about this guy and his paper?
http://www.heavyionalert.org/docs/CERNC ... ctions.pdf

I presume there is no need for us to pay attention to this paper? I'm clearly aware of the fact he's trying to spread fear, but I must admit the table in pages 9 - 12 managed to put doubts into my head. Can anyone take an honest look at these pages, and tell me his opinion regarding the "contradictions" Eric finds?

MagneticTrap

Re: Eric Penrose

Post by MagneticTrap » Tue Nov 02, 2010 7:57 am

I presume there is no need for us to pay attention to this paper?
Yes, we must die silently. Do not try to struggle against the best world’s super scientists in their eager to murder you. It’s in vain. My and Your lives are nothingness and do not cost a penny. So, indeed, there is no need for us to pay attention to this paper.

http://darkenergy.narod.ru/

tswsl1989
LHCPortal Guru

Post by tswsl1989 » Tue Nov 02, 2010 8:59 am

MagneticTrap,

I think you've been warned previously about fearmongering in other peoples threads. If you don't have anything constructive to add to a thread then don't post.

Stephen,

I've read through those tables, and I don't see any cause for concern.

Stephen

Post by Stephen » Tue Nov 02, 2010 3:57 pm

tswsl1989 - but what about the contradictions regarding negatively charged strangelets, and the disputation over the moon argument? Is there a solution to the apparent contradictions you're aware of?

CharmQuark
Site Admin

Post by CharmQuark » Tue Nov 02, 2010 7:10 pm

MagneticTrap wrote:
I presume there is no need for us to pay attention to this paper?
Yes, we must die silently. Do not try to struggle against the best world’s super scientists in their eager to murder you. It’s in vain. My and Your lives are nothingness and do not cost a penny. So, indeed, there is no need for us to pay attention to this paper.

http://darkenergy.narod.ru/
Quit it Ivan :angry-tappingfoot:
Anyone who doesn't take truth seriously in small matters cannot be trusted with large ones either by Albert Einstein.

Shadowdraxx
LHCPortal Guru

Post by Shadowdraxx » Tue Nov 02, 2010 7:13 pm

Stephen

Post by Stephen » Tue Nov 02, 2010 11:32 pm

Thanks, man. It wasn't me, but I'll definitely repeat my questions there (my nickname is SkyDreamer).

Kasuha

Post by Kasuha » Wed Nov 03, 2010 9:10 am

MagneticTrap wrote:What did they write after the ban?
Are you really that curious?
[Moderator: Banned for again asserting untruths based on soi disant authority. There is no math and no physics here, just empty claims devoid of support.]

---

Man. Ivan's Theories have more holes than the Buffalo Bills defense.

Glad to see he's banned. (He'll likely go to another forum to dribble his nonsense where he will likely be banned again)

---

I wonder if he's tried to join mine? Crazies don't get but one chance.

---

WТF are you talking about? You’re crazy and you’re running the joint.
Perhaps, we should reminisce about some of the topics over there.

Besides, I got two from you.

See ya, Dumbasѕ
To be honest, the Moderator's comment sums it up nicely IMO. I just don't think bans really solve anything.

Allan

Post by Allan » Wed Nov 03, 2010 4:44 pm

MagneticTrap wrote:I was banned there http://www.physforum.com/index.php?showtopic=26582 several days ago.
When I try to read that thread I can see only the following:
Your account has been temporarily suspended. This suspension is due to end on Apr 6 2016, 02:58 PM.

What did they write after the ban?
Can somebody send me the text into my e-mail darkenergy@yandex.ru or here?
Here is is

Moderator: What follows is the pathetic ravings of a small-minded person who wants your attention. He does this even though better lunatics have made better (but still pathetic) ravings and caused loss of human life. Specifically, his claimed physics equations are not usefully predictive of any phenomenon or fact-based. He has failed to master even electromagnetism, let alone particle physics. As prometheus says below, laboratory collisions of protons have happened at 1.98 TeV, and cosmic rays cause collisions of far greater than this all over the Earth.
Like small-minded people everywhere, he argues from analogy, not as a teaching aid, but because he has only mastered small aspects of understanding, in this case high school algebra. So the below is similar to American racists who claim that President Obama is both a Communist and a Fascist, because in their limited understanding both groups are foreign and evil. It makes no sense and it informs the listener far more of what's in the speaker's heart than as a statement of fact about the real world.]

He has you figured out pretty good there, I think.
Allan

chelle

Post by chelle » Wed Nov 03, 2010 6:08 pm

It looks like the 'MagneticTrap' works every time. When are you moderators going to be consequent and prevent Ivan from thrashing every topic that comes up?

Anyway I thought I add some numbers to this quote:
... laboratory collisions of protons have happened at 1.98 TeV, and cosmic rays cause collisions of far greater than this all over the Earth.
The scheme of things:
Normal Cosmic Rays: 10^7 eV to 10^10 eV
Man-made: 10^12 to 10^13 eV
OMG Cosmic Rays: 3 x 10^20 eV

1 MeV = 10^6 eV
1 GeV = 10^9 eV
1 TeV = 10^12 eV
Dance, even if you have nowhere to do it but your own living room.
Wear Sunscreen by Baz Luhrmann - Mary Schmich

CharmQuark
Site Admin

Post by CharmQuark » Wed Nov 03, 2010 6:32 pm

Chelle wrote:It looks like the 'MagneticTrap' works every time. When are you moderators going to be consequent and prevent Ivan from thrashing every topic that comes up?
Excuse me Chelle but i concider i am doing a pretty good job at keeping Ivan at bay in his own thread ughhhhhhh what you want me to do ban him?
Anyone who doesn't take truth seriously in small matters cannot be trusted with large ones either by Albert Einstein.

chelle

Post by chelle » Wed Nov 03, 2010 7:49 pm

CharmQuark wrote:Excuse me Chelle but i concider i am doing a pretty good job at keeping Ivan at bay in his own thread ughhhhhhh what you want me to do ban him?
You are not doing a good job, its every time the same he pop's up and and the topic becomes a mess. Pls just delete all his posts outside his topic.
Dance, even if you have nowhere to do it but your own living room.
Wear Sunscreen by Baz Luhrmann - Mary Schmich

CharmQuark
Site Admin

Post by CharmQuark » Wed Nov 03, 2010 8:31 pm

Chelle wrote:
CharmQuark wrote:Excuse me Chelle but i concider i am doing a pretty good job at keeping Ivan at bay in his own thread ughhhhhhh what you want me to do ban him?
You are not doing a good job, its every time the same he pop's up and and the topic becomes a mess. Pls just delete all his posts outside his topic.
How dare you tell me i am not doing a good job WFT :angry-steamingears:

Xymox
Site Admin

Post by Xymox » Sat Nov 06, 2010 10:59 am

Ivan's posting was fine...

Read the rules of posting here above. Ivan did not abuse any member in his post. He has his viewpoint and his own fears. He can post his fears and opinions on any thread just like we all can.

I actually enjoyed his post. Its was immd inflammatory. Caused all sorts of ruckus. In fact it was controversial on all sorts of levels.

I am ALL FOR CIVIL DISCUSSION, but down here in this forum its fend for yourself pretty much. Anyone can just ignore his posts. Skip right past them, ignore them and answer the thread poster's question or have a civil debate...

Don't give in to the Dark Side.

CharmQuark
Site Admin

Post by CharmQuark » Sat Nov 06, 2010 9:33 pm

Xymox wrote:Ivan's posting was fine...

Read the rules of posting here above. Ivan did not abuse any member in his post. He has his viewpoint and his own fears. He can post his fears and opinions on any thread just like we all can.

I actually enjoyed his post. Its was immd inflammatory. Caused all sorts of ruckus. In fact it was controversial on all sorts of levels.

I am ALL FOR CIVIL DISCUSSION, but down here in this forum its fend for yourself pretty much. Anyone can just ignore his posts. Skip right past them, ignore them and answer the thread poster's question or have a civil debate...

Don't give in to the Dark Side.
Thats fair enough :) but i don't like getting my ear bent off members about it Chelle's comment hurt :ugeek: don't matter all in the past now.......Ivan can post anywhere for me......he is on my foe list :thumbup: anyways I will say no more :D

CQ