The Energy Frontier

The place to discuss the LHC. Commissioning, operation, issues, events ....
Allan

Re: The Energy Frontier

Post by Allan » Thu Feb 04, 2010 7:10 pm

My guess is that what you are talking about here is so far in the future that we will have learned a lot more before they even start laying bricks for it. So worry about it now is a waste of effort as far as I am concerned. LHC is here and now. Let us learn what we can from it. If it prove what you suggesting could be true then and only then we change our plans.

Allan

DCWhitworth
LHCPortal Guru

Post by DCWhitworth » Thu Feb 04, 2010 7:19 pm

ORION111 wrote:
Allan wrote:My guess is that what you are talking about here is so far in the future that we will have learned a lot more before they even start laying bricks for it. So worry about it now is a waste of effort as far as I am concerned. LHC is here and now. Let us learn what we can from it. If it prove what you suggesting could be true then and only then we change our plans.

Allan
Exactly.
Yup, more or less what I said (or what I meant to say ;) )
DC

The LHC - One ring to rule them all !

Stephen

Post by Stephen » Thu Feb 04, 2010 7:46 pm

Not worrying about it, but since he mentioned building accelerators with energy higher than cosmic rays, I wrote why I think it's a bad idea.

CharmQuark
Site Admin

Post by CharmQuark » Thu Feb 04, 2010 8:16 pm

Stephen wrote:Not worrying about it, but since he mentioned building accelerators with energy higher than cosmic rays, I wrote why I think it's a bad idea.
Nothing wrong with that at all :D
Anyone who doesn't take truth seriously in small matters cannot be trusted with large ones either by Albert Einstein.