Several biggest errors of particle physicists.

Anything can be discussed, tempers may flare.
This forum has no connection with CERN, the LHC or my site.

Moderator: CharmQuark

Forum rules
Any controversial topic can be discussed. Freedom of expression is encouraged. The scientific validity of things posted in this forum may stray from reality quite wildly and the reader is advised to keep that in mind. Please refrain from bad language and DO NOT get overly abusive with other members. You MUST post in English. It is OK to have fiercely intense debate. This forum has no connection with CERN, the LHC or my site. The views here do not represent the forum's views or my views in any way. It is meant as a place to debate or discuss subjects that may create heated debate. Almost no moderation will occur in this forum at all.
MagneticTrap

Re: Several biggest errors of particle physicists.

Post by MagneticTrap » Thu Jan 07, 2010 11:30 am

Xymox wrote:I am visiting my family right now. I did a test. I had my mom read the thread. After a bit she gave up and was sure that the LHC was not going to cause a magnetic trap of the devil. She asked some key questions. 1) Why has he never provided proof ? 2) why does he not want to publish his new science ? Her conclusions were that he was obviously incorrect.
1). Why did not you show her my math proves? http://darkenergy.narod.ru/magtren.html
2). It is impossible to do that. I am banned on the most of physics forums. Most of scientific magazines are in hands of CERN oriented peoples. For example, AFAIK, the article of Rössler was not published at once from the first attempt. He was forced to publish his article in his own magazine.
Stephen wrote:Ivan, maybe I wasn't asking clearly enough.
How did you calculate the probability of a magnetic collapse?
Good economist or politician can make quite good predictions about future developments in the correspondent area. I give my predictions as a physicist, who had a quite solid experience in this branch of human activity. I'm no worse than physicists from CERN, and I had shown you their crude errors.
ORION111 wrote:Chris, I agree with you. But by "something needs to be done", I mean we need to have something like a note clearly stating that the fear in this thread is highly unsubstantiated. It scares people who don't have the sufficient understanding of LHC nor the sufficient knowledge of physics. I have read people's statements who were really led astray and scared by Ivan.
OK, ORION111, let CERN kill us silently. Let CERN kill our children and mothers without any resistance from us.
Anitusar wrote:
People, please, stop powerful colliders immediately.
Collisions with energy, more that 100 GeV must be banned by international law.
You do know, that at DESY they collided positron and protons with 320GeV for quite some time. Nothing happened, how come?
And what was the energy of positron; of proton? What kinetic energy would have a resulting particle? Is it more than 170 GeV, which is computed binding energy of minimal magnetic hole.
-----------
From the correspondence on the forum http://www.physforum.com/index.php?show ... ntry442629
I solved that problem intuitively.
Intuitively?
Really?
Yes, this problem is simple. It was and can be solved in mind.

CERN’s physicists are usual people and they also can make errors. This crude error was made by them in 2003. Dozens of groups of physicists read the article and said that it was excellent job. But not long ago, September of 2009-year, I found this crude error by accident. No one, AFAIK, pointed on it earlier.

And here the following questions arise.
1. Is it acceptable that in the documents on the safety of LHC there are errors? Can we believe to other assertions of CERN now?
2. If that was me, who had found this error in the CERN safety documents, then why do you neglect another my conclusion about the possibility of magnetic hole creation at LHC and about the explosion of Earth?
3. CERN physicists say that the probability of global catastrophe, which can launched by LHC, is zero. I say that this probability is about of dozens percents. Who are correct now? And who makes the error? Are you ready to die in the sake of your king-idols from CERN? Are you ready to sacrifice lives of your children and mothers for the sake of Higgs Boson; are you ready to destroy the Earth in order to prove Hawking’s BH evaporation?

Xymox
Site Admin

Post by Xymox » Thu Jan 07, 2010 12:21 pm

Good morning Ivan, I see you online :)
I *never* argue with Chris ;)
No no no... Feel FREE to argue. I want someone to have a different view and correct me as needed.

its JUST FINE to :violence-stickwhack: chris..

No kidding either. I can be completely wrong but very sure im right :violence-smack:

I never get unhappy with someone expressing themselves.

Ivan,,,

I just showed my mom this thread. The same way anyone would come across it. I told her NOTHING. In fact I told her "This guy might have found a serious problem" and then let her decide. She would not understand any math proof. She will look for other people who understand these things to confirm your "theory". Unfortunately you dont seem to have others who support your view or peer reviewed papers..

DCWhitworth
LHCPortal Guru

Post by DCWhitworth » Thu Jan 07, 2010 6:00 pm

MagneticTrap wrote:I solved that problem intuitively.
Sorry not good enough. You still have to show proof of your solution. Intuition isn't science and isn't good scientific process.
CERN’s physicists are usual people . . .
I'd somewhat dispute that.
and they also can make errors.
Yes true, that's why they ask other scientist to review their work. As good scientific practice dictates.
This crude error was made by them in 2003. Dozens of groups of physicists read the article and said that it was excellent job.
So let me get this straight. They made a really, really bad error and *no one* noticed it ? *None* of the scientists who reviewed it noticed ?
But not long ago, September of 2009-year, I found this crude error by accident. No one, AFAIK, pointed on it earlier.
OK I *could* accept the scenario thus far. I can accept that a serious error was made in the initial paper, I could just about accept that it *might* be missed by the significant chunk of the scientific community who reviewed it. OK so far.

Then you, the hero of the world find this dreadful error. What happens when you point this out to the scientists ? Do they all say "Oh my, you're right" or at worst "Hmm, this needs looking at further" ? No, they laugh at your suggestions (at best).

That for me ends this discussion.

I do not have the expertise in this area to understand your arguments in detail. Therefore you cannot convince me because you would be asking me to take your theory on faith and being a scientist at heart there is no way I will do that.

The only way I believe theories that I do not direct understand is if there is a significant consensus among people who *understand* the science behind it - in detail.

So you can say all you want on this forum, I will not believe you. The only way you will convince me is if you go away and convince many people who *do* understand the science you are talking about. Then I will listen to *all* of you. But by all accounts you have manifestly failed in your attempts to do this.

Therefore as far as I am concerned your theory is wrong.

QED
DC

The LHC - One ring to rule them all !

March_Hare

Post by March_Hare » Thu Jan 07, 2010 6:18 pm

DCWhitworth wrote:The only way I believe theories that I do not direct understand is if there is a significant consensus among people who *understand* the science behind it - in detail.
Aye. As I wrote before - show me the experimental proof and the peer reviews and we might be able to discuss stuff. Without it, no dice.
Nothing travels faster than the speed of light with the possible exception of bad news, which obeys its own special laws.
~Douglas Adams

DCWhitworth
LHCPortal Guru

Post by DCWhitworth » Thu Jan 07, 2010 6:54 pm

March_Hare wrote:
DCWhitworth wrote:The only way I believe theories that I do not direct understand is if there is a significant consensus among people who *understand* the science behind it - in detail.
Aye. As I wrote before - show me the experimental proof and the peer reviews and we might be able to discuss stuff. Without it, no dice.
Exactly. There is far too much bad science out there where people fail to follow experimental procedure or scientific process. Sorry if you fail to do this you are a crank/fraud as far as I am concerned.
DC

The LHC - One ring to rule them all !

Anitusar

Post by Anitusar » Thu Jan 07, 2010 8:46 pm

DCWhitworth wrote:
March_Hare wrote:
Exactly. There is far too much bad science out there where people fail to follow experimental procedure or scientific process. Sorry if you fail to do this you are a crank/fraud as far as I am concerned.
Yes. At least i wanna see a graph with data from measurements and your theoritical predictions vs. the mainstream theory. And if your theory describes the data better, then people can ask the theory guys, why your model does better.

And let me be clear, your theory would have to describe data from various different measurements better than the currently accepted theories.

Xymox
Site Admin

Post by Xymox » Fri Jan 08, 2010 10:26 am

IVAN

I had complains about your bombing cern picture and had to remove it

Sorry...

As I have said before I take censorship seriously and it was a difficult decision but the image was threatening. You have that image on your web site and people can go to your site to see it however it cant stay here. As I have said a number of times I like that you are expressing your ideas just please don't threaten anyone or threaten CERN with bombing.

Again, im sorry I had to delete the image.

The rule broken was

1) Threaten someone at CERN. Or in this case CERN itself. In this case it was not a clear case however and it was borderline comical.
2) People must complain about your post and this did occur.

Please... Do not threaten to blow up CERN again in the forum..

Stephen

Post by Stephen » Sun Jan 10, 2010 1:29 pm

MagneticTrap wrote: I am not alone.
Walter Wagner, Luis Sancho, Otto Rössler, Rainer Plaga and so on.
Ivan, have you thought about contacting any of these people? They are a bit more well known than you, so maybe if you brought the idea of magnetic holes to their attention they could do something about it.

Shadowdraxx
LHCPortal Guru

Post by Shadowdraxx » Sun Jan 10, 2010 1:58 pm

Stephen wrote:
MagneticTrap wrote: I am not alone.
Walter Wagner, Luis Sancho, Otto Rössler, Rainer Plaga and so on.
Ivan, have you thought about contacting any of these people? They are a bit more well known than you, so maybe if you brought the idea of magnetic holes to their attention they could do something about it.
lol the other ppl either

A: wont have anything to do with Ivan because they don't believe his theories

B: It would impede on the other peoples own personal agenda's

Wagner was directly questioned about Ivan's theory and so was Rössler, both refused to acknowledge him, or his "work" Plaga and esp Sancho arnt worth mentioning.

Stephen

Post by Stephen » Sun Jan 10, 2010 3:12 pm

Really? Can you provide a link to the place they were asked about it?

Shadowdraxx
LHCPortal Guru

Post by Shadowdraxx » Sun Jan 10, 2010 3:33 pm

on one of the many threads i know u read :), in wagners case, as for Rössler, it came up from a small function in Bonn.

MagneticTrap

Post by MagneticTrap » Tue Jan 12, 2010 8:23 am

What pilots will save the world, Russian or American?

From http://www.sciteclibrary.ru/cgi-bin/yab ... c9bbb0970c
...Kevin "Dow 36000" Hassett of the American Enterprise Institute calls for the USAF to bomb both France and Switzerland, hoping to get the scientists in their tunnels before they can destroy the earth...
I refreshed my http://darkenergy.narod.ru/
...Citizens! Do not think that some good Uncle Ivan would come and destroy the CERN and its doomsday machine, LHC. Think yourself for your salvation. And not just think, but act. I have no flight experience, no money for the fighter and for a...

Shadowdraxx
LHCPortal Guru

Post by Shadowdraxx » Tue Jan 12, 2010 8:35 am

aww man, i dunno where to even attempt to start here, soo here is a TNG Edit:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ezsy3OSy1fU

:character-mario: :character-mario: :character-mario: :character-mario: :character-mario: :character-mario: :character-mario: :character-mario: :character-mario: :character-mario: :character-mario: :character-mario: :character-mario: :character-mario: :character-mario: :character-mario: :character-mario: :character-mario: :character-mario:

Stephen

Post by Stephen » Tue Jan 12, 2010 11:40 am

Ivan, if you convince a single educated scientist that you're right, it'll get you a lot further than all the violence in the world.
Last edited by Stephen on Sun Sep 19, 2010 11:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

MagneticTrap

Post by MagneticTrap » Tue Jan 12, 2010 1:11 pm

Stephen wrote:Ivan, if you convince a single educated scientist that you're right, it'll get you a lot further than all the violence in the world.
At the end of November we, eleven Russian-language persons from several countries, signed a “Call to reasonable people all over the world”. Among us was Vladimir Acjucovskij, Doctor of Technical Sciences, and Academician of several International Academies.
-------------
Besides, not long ago I found several articles with conclusions and numerical results, similar to my results, but without the catastrophic conclusion.

arXiv:0710.1084v2 [hep-ph] 23 Jan 2008
Axial anomaly and magnetism of nuclear and quark matter. D. T. Son, M. A. Stephanov.

arXiv:0711.2845v1 [hep-lat] 19 Nov 2007
Spontaneous creation of chromomagnetic field and A0-condensate at high temperature on a lattice. V.Demchik, V.Skalozub.
--------------

By the way, in Russian-language scientific magazine in 1988 was published an article about Non-conservation of baryon number in extreme conditions.
http://ufn.ru/ru/articles/1988/10/b/
http://ufn.ru/ufn88/ufn88_10/Russian/r8810b.pdf

In this article you can find the explanation of “monopole catalyses of proton decay”.
I think that it is valid also for magnetic dipole (magnetic hole).

In this article you also can find a description of “drops of abnormal matter”. A contact of usual matter with abnormal matter will lead to destruction of usual matter.

By the way, formula 3.18 describes the “stranglet”. But the word “stranglet” is absent there. I think that it is close to the ideas of Dr Wagner.

Models with Kaluza-Klein space-time are also discussed. That is close to the idea of Otto Rössler; - 5-dimensional space (gravity/electromagnetism) with one short closed spatial dimension. By the way, I do not understand, why does Rössler not investigated the magnetic force in that space, - magnetic force is stronger the gravity force by 10^36 times. So, Rössler’s slow micro black holes can be transformed into rapid micro magnetic holes in Kaluza-Klein space.

The authors of the article hope that their ideas could be proved at high energy collisions at colliders. But I do not understand, why they do not say that the Earth will be exploded if their ideas are correct.