Really enjoying the view...

New users should check this forum first. Say hi.
kansas night owl

Really enjoying the view...

Post by kansas night owl » Sat Dec 12, 2009 1:17 pm

Guess this would be my introductory post. Hi everyone!

Let me begin my saying that finding this forum/portal has been a very enjoyable discovery. I'm awed with the work and care that's been put into it. As a layperson (we're talking very basic concepts here), you've opened a door of understanding for me, and really sparked my enthusiasm. I guess it's never too late to learn, and I'm trying my best to muddle through. Reading the former posts has really helped enormously.

I probably won't be posting a lot, as I tend to listen more in r/l anyway. A lot of what is being discussed is way over my head, but I'm not discouraged in the least. I'm excited by the experiments, and have a basic grasp of their import.

Now, where did we hide that boson? :lol:

Kansas Night Owl
(the real housewife)

gluon

Re: Really enjoying the view...

Post by gluon » Sat Dec 12, 2009 2:29 pm

Welcome to the forum!

I believe the beauty of this site is precisely its ability to be so attractive both to physics gurus and to interested laypeople. I am probably someway between those two. I've studied quite a lot of physics when I was learning electrical engineering and computer science, however I don't fully grasp all the concepts of advanced particle physics.

Live collisions happening now, check the LHCb experiment display: http://libris.nornagon.net/jca/lhc.htm

PS: Emmylou will provide a proper welcome message to you in a few moments! :)

CharmQuark
Site Admin

Re: Really enjoying the view...

Post by CharmQuark » Sat Dec 12, 2009 7:11 pm

Welcome Kansas Night Owl :D

We are so happy to have you here with us.........Hope you enjoy your time here :D just take your time to look around and if you have any questions please feel free to ask :mrgreen: hope to see you in the chatroom too :P we are ummmm a very fun bunch of people :shock: hehe,

A warm welcome again!!!!!!!!

Enjoy and have fun :D

Emmylou
Anyone who doesn't take truth seriously in small matters cannot be trusted with large ones either by Albert Einstein.