Channels under CMS ?

New users should check this forum first. Say hi.
Abiologist

Channels under CMS ?

Post by Abiologist » Tue Dec 08, 2009 9:20 pm

Hi - I'm new here. The TV ch4 under CMS looks interesting as it actually shows collisions.
But this is from past events.

Do you know if it's possible to see events as they actually happen during collisions ? - or don't they show this information to Joe Public till later ?

Many thanks for a great site !

Harbles
LHCPortal Guru

Re: Channels under CMS ?

Post by Harbles » Wed Dec 09, 2009 12:53 am

They are usually pretty happy to announce new milestones. But there is a certain pressure not to release any hints about the Scientific results until facts have been reviewed. The best place to look would be here .lol Chris is pretty quick.. Or on the Experiments web page. See Portal for linkage.

Xymox
Site Admin

Post by Xymox » Wed Dec 09, 2009 6:10 am

LHCb seems to be showing near real time displays... See the links under LHCb...

Also I am told that near real time displays are coming for the other experiments. They never figured people would want to see them ( ?!?! )...

BenM

Post by BenM » Wed Dec 09, 2009 5:35 pm

Xymox wrote:Also I am told that near real time displays are coming for the other experiments. They never figured people would want to see them ( ?!?! )...
You would have thought that being geeks themselves (by definition!) they would have realised that there are several of us out in the real world who want to see what is going on :D

Seriously, I am happy with what we have and am amazed that CERN will allow even more stuff into the public domain.

B.