Several biggest errors of particle physicists.

Anything can be discussed, tempers may flare.
This forum has no connection with CERN, the LHC or my site.

Moderator: CharmQuark

Forum rules
Any controversial topic can be discussed. Freedom of expression is encouraged. The scientific validity of things posted in this forum may stray from reality quite wildly and the reader is advised to keep that in mind. Please refrain from bad language and DO NOT get overly abusive with other members. You MUST post in English. It is OK to have fiercely intense debate. This forum has no connection with CERN, the LHC or my site. The views here do not represent the forum's views or my views in any way. It is meant as a place to debate or discuss subjects that may create heated debate. Almost no moderation will occur in this forum at all.
March_Hare

Re: Several biggest errors of particle physicists.

Post by March_Hare » Tue Dec 08, 2009 5:40 pm

MagneticTrap wrote:As I see no one answered my question:
As far as I am concerned you already have my answer. Show me peer review and experimental data, then we could perhaps discuss.

Also, I still think you are trying to discuss with the wrong people here. Most people's introductions I have read here on the forum, make it quite clear that they are interested enthusiasts, but certainly not qualified to discuss your point of view with you.
Nothing travels faster than the speed of light with the possible exception of bad news, which obeys its own special laws.
~Douglas Adams

Shadowdraxx
LHCPortal Guru

Post by Shadowdraxx » Tue Dec 08, 2009 5:53 pm

unfortuantly he seems to have been banned elsewhere because once theory and evidance has been broken down to be false or unproven it turns into cern are terrorists etc, and that doesnt go down well with folk in the field

MagneticTrap

Post by MagneticTrap » Tue Dec 08, 2009 6:59 pm

The thread is named “Several biggest errors of particle physicists”.

Do not mix it with my theory of magnetic holes.

I pointed out at the simplest error in the safety documents of LHC.
These documents contain several errors and lie assertions.
Consequently CERN has falsifications but not the safety documents.

As a result of these errors and as a result that the discussion of magnetic hole is everywhere banned, we all soon be pushed all to the Equator of the Earth in a single huge oceanic wave, by magnetic field of growing magnetic hole.

We are made mostly of water and we will be repealed from poles to equator and then we will start into cosmos, packed in the frizzing water foam.

Here is a frog levitating in the magnetic field, about 16 teslas.

The growing magnetic hole will accelerate the frog and us to a velocity much more than the velocity of Voyagers. Be ready to space flight.

Happy New Year in icy comets.

Allan

Post by Allan » Tue Dec 08, 2009 7:36 pm

Hi Magnettrap;

You stated; "But I still can not explain the two external rings of SN 1987A.
Here there are many ideas, but they are not sufficiently hard."

I beg to differ with you but there is a very simple explanation that has nothing to do with "magnetic hole" (whatever they might be). If you are interested you can read it at this site;

http://hubblesite.org/newscenter/archiv ... 2/image/a/

I find the explanation there to be much more believable then anything you have written so far.

Allan

Xymox
Site Admin

Post by Xymox » Tue Dec 08, 2009 7:52 pm

Wow.... I do like your style Ivan.. Levitating frogs in a outer space fizzy foam ejected from earth by a huge ocean wave. ...Complete with a picture...

I just cant think of a response to this. Im awestruck...

Ok ok... You have a point... His thread is not on his theories. Its about issues with the safety study... Well the thread title is at least. We should focus on those. However Ivan, I think your theories are the end result of your discussion about safety issues. Your post does contain your theories and links to your site, so I think they are fair to discuss them..

Its not the safety study that has people's attention, its your end of the world conclusions which come from your theories. SO I think its fair to focus on the Theories because if your theories are wrong then any oversight you see in the LHC safety study is meaningless as no Magnetic Trap of the Devil exists. If your theories are incorrect then there is no danger at all.

I think its quicker to get to the point by discussing your physics theory and either proving or disproving it. The safety study is really meaningless. We need to confirm your esoteric physics theory. If we can do this then the LHC people would stop. ALL you need to do is prove your theory and you can save the world. Its that simple.

Its not enough to disprove BB or the standard model. You need to PROVE your theories.

So lets see your proof ?

Allan

Post by Allan » Tue Dec 08, 2009 8:05 pm

Hi Xymox;

I think that such an explanation would be a good thing for all concerned. I do think he will have to do much better then any of the mumbo-jumbo he has given us thus far. Personally I do not see much chance for him to succeed with his theory, I'll give him the benefit of the doubt on that one and call it a theory which I don't really think it is. http://lhcportal.com/Forum/posting.php? ... f=14&t=116#

Allan

Stephen

Post by Stephen » Tue Dec 08, 2009 8:13 pm

I feel like I should thank Ivan - he was the first person who helped me dealing with my concerns using humor. I used to be completely afraid every time someone mentioned LHC concerns, no matter how little sense they made. Even though I read reassuring studies, I went back to panicking the moment someone raised a new concern. The only theory I identified as bogus from the beginning was Ivan's - he made such ridiculous claims with absolutely no proof, and he actually made me laugh at some of his other theories on his website. I went from constant fear to constant worrying - a major improvement for me. So thank you, Ivan. I mean it.

Shadowdraxx
LHCPortal Guru

Post by Shadowdraxx » Tue Dec 08, 2009 8:26 pm

yes stephen thats it, its why i post random things about walter wagner to show the huge gaps between a doomsday theory built up in a mind and reality.

The brain always try's to think itself out of trouble, sometimes it works well and fear of things melt away, however sometimes it digs such a big hole that u become an Ivan or a Wagner or a Jtankers or what ever.

NO amount of convincing will change the minds of this small percentage of people, (like it didnt change their minds with RHIC running for 10 years solid with nothing gone wrong) however we are at a stage where we can still be convinced and calmed, and in just being who they are we can see where they have come from the background work etc, and they help us see we are being irrational, because their fear as destroyed all logic.

Stephen

Post by Stephen » Wed Dec 09, 2009 6:46 am

Ivan! What do you have to say about the recent collisions?
http://atlas.web.cern.ch/Atlas/public/E ... vents.html

Xymox
Site Admin

Post by Xymox » Wed Dec 09, 2009 8:14 am

His answer will be percentages... Its gonna take 7TeV collisions for a long time before Ivan might give up his -current- theory. BUT another revision is sure to follow. This thread isn't going anywhere. We can revisit it in 2 years.. That will be great fun...

Yea,,, I have enjoyed his posts... I do like his style. Honestly. I do.. I like his attitude of being very forthright. I like his not being afraid of stating his opinions and going against the odds. He also has that Russian Russian-ness I like in a friend of mine. I _honestly_ think Ivan is cool. SURE there might be a wee bit of a issue,,, but hey,, lets look at the glass half full... Ok maybe a 1/4 full,,, or maybe a 1/8... Or something..

I am SURE in his real lfie he has people who love him. He might have a family, kids. He obviously has a mom and dad... UNLESS he is from the future...

Ivan is a person, not just a theory creator.

I would sit down and have a few beers with him for sure.. It would be great fun.. We would not agree, but we could agree to disagree...

Is there a picture of Ivan anywhere ?

( edit )

Yes lets put a face to a name

The image file name on this photo is "all I need" so I assume all he needs is coffee, cigarettes, a book and a laptop..

I had not seen this page before.. While I do not like anyone publishing private info as Ivan has posted this on his site I dont think its really private. It even has Ivan's cell phone number on it..
http://darkenergy.narod.ru/drdark.html

Stephen

Post by Stephen » Wed Dec 09, 2009 8:49 am

I've seen this page - it's just what we need to understand his background and lack of knowledge. Even my mom identified him as a loony, and she's usually gullible.

Xymox
Site Admin

Post by Xymox » Wed Dec 09, 2009 8:58 am

hes not a "looney" he is, ummm,,,, eccentric. Well 1/8 of him is I think.. Mostly...

Shadowdraxx
LHCPortal Guru

Post by Shadowdraxx » Wed Dec 09, 2009 9:01 am

its not the theory thats the worry its the wording used to throw fear at people, ill always find that irresponsible, so altho I've got around this and everyone else that is posting here has, the 11yr old kids in school chatting about it aint..

Xymox
Site Admin

Post by Xymox » Wed Dec 09, 2009 7:14 pm

Yes I agree, Ivan should not speak if he cannot prove his theory. Its that simple.

Now, no one get angry at me... Im just reporting a related news article..

Oh Ivan, Look at this..

http://www.space.com/scienceastronomy/0 ... agnet.html

Xymox
Site Admin

Post by Xymox » Wed Dec 09, 2009 7:22 pm

I mean,,, it does make sense that a explosion of this magnitude would CREATE a massive magnetic field. I dont think the magnetic field CAUSED the explosion.. BIG difference.

But I am no expert..