FORUM SOFTWARE UPGRADE

Suggestion you might have for new links for my CERN portal page or suggestions for the forum
Xymox
Site Admin

FORUM SOFTWARE UPGRADE

Post by Xymox » Tue Oct 11, 2011 6:39 pm

Im going to upgrade the forum software... This is of course always a hold-your-breath kinda event... So here in a while i will be taking the board off line...

dont think there are any new features just bug fixes..

More shortly...

Xymox
Site Admin

Re: FORUM SOFTWARE UPGRADE

Post by Xymox » Tue Oct 11, 2011 8:42 pm

Upgrade complete....

Changelog 3.0.8 to 3.0.9

http://www.phpbb.com/support/documents. ... ion=3#v308

If there are issues PM me...

Xymox
Site Admin

Post by Xymox » Wed Oct 12, 2011 12:21 pm

Here in a little while I am going to update the style to the newest one. Its the look of the board but it also effect how it works...

So... Again hold your breath...

Xymox
Site Admin

Post by Xymox » Wed Oct 12, 2011 1:08 pm

OK the new version of the theme is in place... Right away its cool as it has allowed Quick Replies" below the message your reading... Im sure there is a list of things its fixed..

I am working to fix the top of the forum whith the pic of the magnets and the caption... That will go away...

Update soon.... During this time thing might be a bit weird as I edit and update..

Xymox
Site Admin

Post by Xymox » Wed Oct 12, 2011 1:56 pm

OK all is updated....

Using IE seems to have less features then using firefox.. I can resize my edit window and other stuff using FF but not IE... Not sure about Chrome or other browsers.. But FF has some cool new things you can do... Like drag the edit window to whatever size you like...

Xymox
Site Admin

Post by Xymox » Wed Oct 12, 2011 2:11 pm

This update of the theme/style has allowed a number of things ive found so far... One of the things I can do now is for a new user when they first complete registeration that incredibly annoying "type the letters you see" thing is now set for the re-capta thing you see everywhere. The advantage to using it is that it can be very quickly reloaded with other things and you can do this until you find one thats easy to do.. ALSO it has a voice version that allows someone who has trouble seeing it visually..

I have played around alot with the forum in the last day after these upgrades and i cant find anything wrong.. If you find something wrong make sure to post here or PM me...

Enjoy...

chelle

Post by chelle » Wed Oct 12, 2011 5:00 pm

Hi Chris,

I just wanted to try out the new 'quick Reply' option and say a big thanks for all the work you do, and an extra thanks for still letting me hang around.

btw isn't there going to be a 2 year LHC portal celebration party any time soon, I could send you a card.

greetings,

m.
Dance, even if you have nowhere to do it but your own living room.
Wear Sunscreen by Baz Luhrmann - Mary Schmich

Xymox
Site Admin

Post by Xymox » Wed Oct 12, 2011 5:19 pm

The portal was born on Nov 11th at 5:55am GMT.. This makes it a Scorpio.. hehehe..

Im glad that there are so many people who daily have fun on the site :)

Well the forum software was way behind.. The theme/style was really behind.. They were due for upgrade.. Its all now completely current.. Of course some new update is bound to come along..

I did fix one GLARING issue just now... The color of the title bar when you quoted someone in a message was a horrible sorta peach color... That had to go... Nice its a nice dark gray..

Hmmm were all these message edit options here before ? I dont remember.. hahahaha....

chelle

Post by chelle » Sun Nov 13, 2011 12:59 pm

Xymox wrote:The portal was born on Nov 11th at 5:55am GMT.. This makes it a Scorpio.. hehehe..
Oops 2 days late, anyway

Happy Birthday !!

cheers,

chelle
Dance, even if you have nowhere to do it but your own living room.
Wear Sunscreen by Baz Luhrmann - Mary Schmich

CharmQuark
Site Admin

Post by CharmQuark » Sun Nov 13, 2011 6:36 pm

Happy 2 year birthday to us :occasion-birthdaymulticolor: :occasion-balloons: :occasion-clown: :occasion-cake:

Late but I got there :thumbup: Been a good few years you much be so proud Chris :happy-jumpyellow: I know I am :mrgreen:
Anyone who doesn't take truth seriously in small matters cannot be trusted with large ones either by Albert Einstein.