Huge asteroid to buzz Earth in November

Anything unrelated to the LHC
CharmQuark
Site Admin

Huge asteroid to buzz Earth in November

Post by CharmQuark » Sat May 21, 2011 1:19 pm

Thought i would post some different :D should be a great chance to use my scope :thumbup:

http://www.csmonitor.com/Science/2011/0 ... n-November

Charms!!!
Anyone who doesn't take truth seriously in small matters cannot be trusted with large ones either by Albert Einstein.

chelle

Re: Huge asteroid to buzz Earth in November

Post by chelle » Mon May 23, 2011 6:54 am

CharmQuark wrote:Thought i would post some different :D should be a great chance to use my scope :thumbup:

http://www.csmonitor.com/Science/2011/0 ... n-November

Charms!!!
They should aim the lhc's particle beam on it to blow it to pieces.

:violence-instagib:

Btw this makes me wonder, can a particle accelerator such as the lhc also be called a coilgun?
Dance, even if you have nowhere to do it but your own living room.
Wear Sunscreen by Baz Luhrmann - Mary Schmich

CharmQuark
Site Admin

Post by CharmQuark » Mon May 23, 2011 5:59 pm

:wtf: Now thre is thought hehehe.

Shame these sci-fi movies didn't think of that one :thumbup: possible movie there :axe:
Anyone who doesn't take truth seriously in small matters cannot be trusted with large ones either by Albert Einstein.

shaneB

Post by shaneB » Mon Nov 14, 2011 5:09 am

An enormous black asteroid zoomed past the Earth Tuesday. The asteroid was said to be "the size of an aircraft carrier." The thing passed within the moon's orbit. It posed no threat to our world. It did, however, afford experts a unique close-up glimpse at one of these celestial bodies. It was the largest thing to pass that near to our world since the nation's bicentennial in 1976. Battleship-sized asteroid buzzes the Earth closer than the moon. Apart from its size, YU55 is one of the more common types of asteroids. It is carbon-rich and may contain frozen water and useful metals that could be harvested by future space travelers. With the space shuttle program discontinued, NASA’s next plan — targeted for 2025 — is a manned venture to an asteroid.

DCWhitworth
LHCPortal Guru

Post by DCWhitworth » Mon Nov 14, 2011 10:29 pm

shaneB wrote:An enormous black asteroid zoomed past the Earth Tuesday. The asteroid was said to be "the size of an aircraft carrier." The thing passed within the moon's orbit. It posed no threat to our world. It did, however, afford experts a unique close-up glimpse at one of these celestial bodies. It was the largest thing to pass that near to our world since the nation's bicentennial in 1976. Battleship-sized asteroid buzzes the Earth closer than the moon. Apart from its size, YU55 is one of the more common types of asteroids. It is carbon-rich and may contain frozen water and useful metals that could be harvested by future space travelers. With the space shuttle program discontinued, NASA’s next plan — targeted for 2025 — is a manned venture to an asteroid.
http://www.elmont.org/news-mainmenu-2/n ... esday.html

If you're going to cut and paste stuff from another website at least be decent enough to credit them.
DC

The LHC - One ring to rule them all !