Other ways our world might come to an end

Discussion of the end of the world brought about by ultra high energy colliders.
CharmQuark
Site Admin

Re: Other ways our world might come to an end

Post by CharmQuark » Tue May 11, 2010 3:42 pm

Kasuha wrote:If you see a full glass, there's an extension of that glass which is not full.
If you see an empty glass you're missing something tiny inside.

The matter is to be happy about the current state of the glass instead of being sad it isn't better.
Kasuha

There will always be a tiny something missing inside ;) but i deal and keep smiling for the sake of everybody else :thumbup:
Anyone who doesn't take truth seriously in small matters cannot be trusted with large ones either by Albert Einstein.

mrgumby

Post by mrgumby » Wed May 12, 2010 8:24 am

Sorry, but I don't think its about the glass......I think its about the attitude of the person holding the glass.

Its the glass of knowledge......

either....

Wow, I've learnt all this stuff and I'm not even half way there!

or

Wow! I've learnt all this stuff and there's still nearly half to go!

I don't know which is most exciting!!!!!!

CharmQuark
Site Admin

Post by CharmQuark » Wed May 12, 2010 5:02 pm

:D

Maybe i just need positive thoughts :thumbup: Like i know i can do this and that and not think oh i know i can't do it :thumbup:
Anyone who doesn't take truth seriously in small matters cannot be trusted with large ones either by Albert Einstein.

mrgumby

Post by mrgumby » Thu May 13, 2010 7:18 am

Old and corny saying......but still true....

If you think you can....

or

If you think you can't...

you're right.

Thein

Post by Thein » Thu May 13, 2010 11:05 pm

Since the beginning of Time, Man has interpreted "Time" as a divine being that governs humanity and existence itself as one.
We feel as though there is a clock ticking every second, but in reality, none of this is really real.
Time is simply a measurement thought up by man himself, hence the End of the World will come when Man deems it to be "The Final Day"

From a literal standpoint, the likelihood of man destroying his race seems to win
Of course, there is a chance for an asteroid to annihilate our atmosphere, killing us all... But we've been living successfully for millenniums with no asteroid killing us...

I have my doubts that something would change the course alls of a sudden... So I'd have to look into what humanity will do. After all, we are the controllers of that ticking clock. Who knows!
"We had a Galactic Clash"