to those who have watched this video

Discussion of the end of the world brought about by ultra high energy colliders.
draph91

to those who have watched this video

Post by draph91 » Tue Jan 08, 2013 6:17 pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KETtEHX3pwo

remember how Dr Tony Padilla described what would happen if a black hole was created and what we would see?, I'm curious, if a strangelet was created and it started to covert matter, what would we see?, would it be something like End Day and what would happen exactly

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/End_Day

here is a image from the documentry

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lrva8 ... o1_500.gif
A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals, and you know it - Agent K

You hear one doomsday prediction, you hear them all

draph91

Re: to those who have watched this video

Post by draph91 » Tue Jan 08, 2013 6:21 pm

post deleted
Last edited by draph91 on Tue Jan 08, 2013 6:28 pm, edited 2 times in total.
A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals, and you know it - Agent K

draph91

post deleted
Last edited by draph91 on Tue Jan 08, 2013 6:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

draph91

also as RickardM posted on 2012hoax and I quote
"I didn't know that the burden of proof was on me=)

The short answer is no, I can't guarantee that they aren't going to kill us all. No one can.

What I can do, is tell you that there is no scientific basis for Sanchos/Goreliks claims whatsoever. For example, the Ice-9 scenario proposed by Sancho et al is impossible according to all theories of physics that corresponds to the well-proven standard model of particle physics. Why? Because Ice-9 mechanism, initially taken from a sci-fi story, requires a constant acretion rate that simply is not possible, when acretion reaches a certain level the Strangelet will become so unstable that it "falls apart" and thus can't continue to convert ordinary matter to strange matter. So in a sense I can guarantee that it is harmless, at least according to all we know about physics (which is a fair amount of knowledge, tested and proven correct). I think, although I'm not sure, that the stability issue is caused by something called Pauli exclusion.

The only way that Strangelets might exist is if they carry a positive charge, and that in turn means that their ability to acrete/convert matter is none. It was, when RHIC went online, thought that a negativelly charged Strangelet might be dangerous but recent papers dismiss that, which in turn leads to the conclusion that Strangelets in any shape or form will be harmless (IF they even exist)

Strangelets are after all very hypothetic, and not in any way necessary for the standard model to be complete. The STAR collaboration has spent quite a few years searching for Strangelet indications in RHIC, and found none. Since the LHC is much less likelly to produce/detect Strangelets I seriously doubt that they do exist at all."
Last edited by draph91 on Tue Jan 08, 2013 6:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

draph91

Post by draph91 » Tue Jan 08, 2013 6:24 pm

also Arcangel at abovetopsecret.com had this to say regarding those "leaked documents" on cerntruth
The idiots are those at the website. They are idiots because they have no idea what they are talking about and disseminate their 1/4 baked ideas about what they are reading.

The claim is that the "leaked" documents say there is a 65-70% chance of the LHC producing "negative strangelets".

The documents say no such thing. The "leaked" documents are about the capabilities of the CASTOR detector. What is said is that theoretically CASTOR is able to detect 60-70% of "exotic" decay products produced by any high energy collision (cosmic rays or otherwise). What is said is that theoretically CASTOR is able to detect 10% of stranglets produced.

There is nothing said about LHC producing strangelets.

Idiots. There I said it again.

draph91

Post by draph91 » Tue Jan 08, 2013 6:30 pm

draph91 wrote:also as RickardM posted on 2012hoax and I quote
"I didn't know that the burden of proof was on me=)

The short answer is no, I can't guarantee that they aren't going to kill us all. No one can.

What I can do, is tell you that there is no scientific basis for Sanchos/Goreliks claims whatsoever. For example, the Ice-9 scenario proposed by Sancho et al is impossible according to all theories of physics that corresponds to the well-proven standard model of particle physics. Why? Because Ice-9 mechanism, initially taken from a sci-fi story, requires a constant acretion rate that simply is not possible, when acretion reaches a certain level the Strangelet will become so unstable that it "falls apart" and thus can't continue to convert ordinary matter to strange matter. So in a sense I can guarantee that it is harmless, at least according to all we know about physics (which is a fair amount of knowledge, tested and proven correct). I think, although I'm not sure, that the stability issue is caused by something called Pauli exclusion.

The only way that Strangelets might exist is if they carry a positive charge, and that in turn means that their ability to acrete/convert matter is none. It was, when RHIC went online, thought that a negativelly charged Strangelet might be dangerous but recent papers dismiss that, which in turn leads to the conclusion that Strangelets in any shape or form will be harmless (IF they even exist)

Strangelets are after all very hypothetic, and not in any way necessary for the standard model to be complete. The STAR collaboration has spent quite a few years searching for Strangelet indications in RHIC, and found none. Since the LHC is much less likelly to produce/detect Strangelets I seriously doubt that they do exist at all."
he also had this to say about the "leaked documents"
Just a really quick input here. The "leaked documents" that Sancho talks about is in fact documents that are available to the public. He claims that CERN lies because they state that Strangelets are less probable to be produced in LHC than they was in the RHIC, while they indeed have a device named CASTOR. One of CASTORS many purposes is to detect Strangelets (Hence the S in CASTOR), but these Strangelets are nothing like the Strangelets that Sancho talks about. The Strangelets that might be produced in collisions at the LHC is harmless, and as close to non-existing as something can be (i.e. if, and that is a really big if, Strangelets can exist at all they will exist only for a pico-second or so).

Honestly, I think that there is a language barrier between us mere humans and CERN's super-scientists. When they talk about Strangelets they refer to clusters of u/d/s quarks, which really isn't all that fascinating, at least not to most people. We on the other hand, tend to overlook the science involved and just pick up all the fear-mongering stories in the media. When we hear the word Strangelet, we directly link it to some sort of doomsday scenario that has been thought up by people like Sancho and other lunatics, when in fact Strangelets are just as harmless as the microwaves in in your micro.

winniegoyle

Post by winniegoyle » Sat Jan 19, 2013 9:29 am

I think you are going the right way and your question makes sense. Our Earth has been there from a very long time now and has gone through many natural disasters. But the black hole you are talking about is yet to happen and who knows that can be the end of us all.

draph91

Post by draph91 » Tue May 14, 2013 4:15 pm

winniegoyle wrote:I think you are going the right way and your question makes sense. Our Earth has been there from a very long time now and has gone through many natural disasters. But the black hole you are talking about is yet to happen and who knows that can be the end of us all.
nope according to the video, the black hole would take 10000-100000 years to destroy the earth