Zeke's Yin - Yang Model of the Universe. (no math)

The place to discuss particle physics
Disco Legend Zeke

Zeke's Yin - Yang Model of the Universe. (no math)

Post by Disco Legend Zeke » Wed Mar 31, 2010 9:08 pm

Hello, my name is John Brumage, i am a supposedly retired artist and inventor.

Several years back, while working with 2.4 GHz radios, i pondered the nature of photons and was soon led to the Yin-Yang Icon as a simple model of a photon. Two tiny dots, orbiting each other, each spinning a field. Of course this is over simplified. For example we know the dots orbit in at least 4 dimensions.

I am pasting my Higgs Boson post from The Register:
THE HIGGS FIELD...
...pervades the universe, and is more or less just a way of saying spacetime.
CERN, talks about Higgs Here.
At the Big Bang, there was not enough room for even photons to exist in the free state.
"[Higgs, et al] suggested that all particles had no mass just after the Big Bang. As the Universe cooled and the temperature fell below a critical value, an invisible force field called the ‘Higgs field’ was formed"
At the critical point, some photons escaped, and I postulate that photons created timespace.
Timespace is moving in every direction at once at C, the so called speed of light. Photons merely attach themselves to time, much like a rider on a streetcar. This is why we say that photons do not experience time. (And why time slows as you move through space.)
OK... if you are with me so far, let's jump back a bit, there is nothing in the Universe except photons. In the Big Firecracker, all the photons in the universe existed in what i call the "Packed" state, but immediately began to attempt to expand into normal photons. As the universe expanded, there was more freedom of movement, and the photons were able to interact with each other in patterns which were persistant. EVERYTHING is built from these dancing photons. In future lines of research, we should be able to determine these patterns. We might find, for example, that the difference between an up quark and a down quark is merely the polarization of one of it's constituant photons.
But wait, there's more! Let's go back to our single photon, it attaches to time space and moves at C. But now let's consider a proton, it has many many photons, each attempting to attach to timespace, but unable to move with it because it is bound to all the other photons in its "matter dance." So instead, timespace flows into it.
So a very tiny portion of timespace [our framework] is now attempting to attach to our proton and is slowed by it. Now scale this up a bit to the size of your hand. Now sufficient timespace is being attracted to be discernable. Move your hand to the left, and a portion of timespace moves left with it, wave it back and forth, and you can feel timespace resisting the changes. Now scale this up to planet Earth, and the amount of timespace flowing into to it becomes so great that your hand, along with the rest of your body, in attempting to attach to timespace is dragged toward the center.
Ordinary photons passing near the edge of your fingernail appear to be bent because the matter in your fingernail is warping spacetime. Go ahead, read this text across the edge of a fingernail, pencil, or whatever matter is at hand, look closely at the edge, and you will see this for yourself! (end of quote.)

I am not offering this model as a replacement for formulas, but rather as a means for
us to visualize existing math, and to find new areas to model numerically.

chriwi
LHCPortal Guru

Re: Zeke's Yin - Yang Model of the Universe. (no math)

Post by chriwi » Thu Apr 01, 2010 5:41 am

Interesting model, which I understand only partly, but now the question regarding the LHC and the Higgs-boson:
What is the prediction of your model regarding the higgs-boson? Is there a real Higgs-boson and can it be found by accelerators or does your model rther imply that Higgs doesn't exist or is merly a visualisatin and thereby never can be found in real experiments?
Keep in mind: Quarks also started as a matematical tric for visualisation but nowadays can be found in real experiments.

since you chose to state your model in 2 different threads pleas take also a look at my other comment here: http://lhcportal.com/Forum/viewtopic.ph ... 4531#p4531
bye

chriwi

Xymox
Site Admin

Post by Xymox » Thu Apr 01, 2010 6:18 am

Interesting.. Nice simple, sort of, descriptions. I like when math is not used and the author EXPLAINS what he is talking about rather then using formulas..
my Higgs Boson post from The Register
Which Register ? Do you have a link ?

I have always considered that we have made a mistake with time in our math..

chriwi
LHCPortal Guru

Post by chriwi » Thu Apr 01, 2010 8:07 am

maybe no mistaske, but a complicated way to look at time, maybe there is als an easyer one like in this model or else.
But the idea that everything is made up onlyof photons made up of 2 orbiting particles can only be accepetd if experimentalists also find away to split it up to single photons or even the orbiting particles the photons are build of. Or at least a good reason (like confinement) why it is impossible to split them up and to detect them. Inthe last case they must be different from normal photons therby it would not besure if we really can call them photons.
bye

chriwi

Disco Legend Zeke

Post by Disco Legend Zeke » Thu Apr 01, 2010 1:38 pm

@chirwi
1. i wanted to move this thread from the "hello" section to reach a wider audience.
2. Just as the Yin-Yang icon is merely two dimensional, so the number of constituant particles may be greater or less than 2. However, symmetry events (for example entanglement) seem to point to 2.
3. This model is of a single photon.
4. I do not believe a photon can be split, although parts of a photon can be a constituant of two quarks.
5. I believe that The Higgs Field was created by photons when they first escaped from the compression of the "big firecracker."

@xymox
1. The Register is an irrevrent Brit nerd news journal. http://www.theregister.co.uk/ .
2. The concept of Time moving in every direction at C, and that photons attach to (and possibly form) time. The notion that all known particles are composed of photons in complex, predictable, orbits gives rise to my suggestion that mass results from the constituant photons attaching to time moving in many directions, and thus dragging a piece of the Universe (their local framework) around with them.

What i hope to see from the CERN experiments is some proof that matter is in fact merely a state of photons, thereafter, the Higgs field will be found to consist of interactions between these "matter bound" photons and time.

Remember that (free) photons do not experience time since they travel with it. When a mass is accelerated to relativistic speeds, time does not actually slow down, but rather the object is catching up to it.

Also, the only upper limit to the size of a photon is the size of the Universe.

Kasuha

Post by Kasuha » Thu Apr 01, 2010 2:09 pm

The main problem I can see on your hypothesis is that it is already proven that nature uses kinds of matter that have nothing to do with photons.

We humans are used to perceiving the universe through photons - our existence is possible thanks to photons and electromagnetic interaction which keeps electrons on orbit of atoms, atoms together in molecules and molecules together in more or less solid bodies. Also all our senses work on photons - sight, hearing, smell, touch, taste, they all are based on electromagnetic interaction. But that's not all, there exist particles proven to not interact with photons at all. The main example is Z boson which has no intrinsic electromagnetic charge or magnetic moment yet it has mass - that's the main reason why Higgs particle is needed by theory because existence of Z boson means mass is separated from electromagnetic (photon) interaction.

Another nice example is dark matter - nobody knows much about it and that's exactly because of our limitation to electromagnetic interaction. If there is matter that does not interact this way, we simply cannot perceive it.

Of course you can try to dismantle photons and (e.g.) higgs similar way protons and neutrons were dismantled to quarks - in fact everybody would be very happy if it really worked. But the fact that nobody succeeded in doing so in many years since quarks were discovered suggests it will not be easy.
Last edited by Kasuha on Thu Apr 01, 2010 2:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Xymox
Site Admin

Post by Xymox » Thu Apr 01, 2010 2:12 pm

That is indeed ElReg your referring to. irrevrent is a fun way to describe them. I have had quite a bit of email with them. Do you have a link to the story your describing ?

Disco Legend Zeke

Post by Disco Legend Zeke » Fri Apr 02, 2010 1:16 am

According to wikipedia, the mass of the Higgs boson is greater than 112 GeV/c2 (whatever those are)

The only explaination for such a high mass is that we are measuring that portion of the universe attached to each photon in the mass of the observer.

@kashua, the two (or more) dots in a photon may well orbit in dimensions that create the other forces. Bosons in general decay into quarks, and quarks are (accordig to this model, accumulations of photons.

@xytmox it was a comment to the story about the re-firing of the LHC. It is here...
http://forums.theregister.co.uk/post/633925

Elsewhere, i have asked for a key to the color codes in the display of ATLAS events. I am guessing that there are a heck of a lot of photons coming out.

Toni

Post by Toni » Tue Jun 19, 2012 5:04 pm

Let's say quark are transitional states of entanglement. Also, that loops of entanglement form functions. Could the various types of quark be variations in the loops of entanglement that make up their relativistic state?

Entanglement has the following properties:

1) causal
2) connectedness
3) repeatable

As a basic causal entity, systems of entanglement could potentially build the relativistic quark.

As such, entangling transitional properties of quark might produce new functioned loops of entanglement different than currently observed. The concept being to transition quark from one type to another.

If this is possible, then Quantum Entangled Systems (QES) may be the basis of particle physics.
Toni
Project Manager