In Search of Giants

The place to discuss particle physics
CharmQuark
Site Admin

Re: In Search of Giants

Post by CharmQuark » Wed Feb 10, 2010 5:45 pm

yesssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss :dance: Love it so much :D can't beat a bit of Brian :oops: :oops: thanks Orion :thumbup:
Anyone who doesn't take truth seriously in small matters cannot be trusted with large ones either by Albert Einstein.

Stephen

Post by Stephen » Wed Feb 10, 2010 7:56 pm

It'd be so funny if the LHC finds nothing.
Last edited by Stephen on Sun Apr 04, 2010 12:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

CharmQuark
Site Admin

Post by CharmQuark » Wed Feb 10, 2010 8:03 pm

Stephen wrote:It'd be so funny if the LHC finds nothing. :sleeping-asleep: :sleeping-blue:
It could happen yanno :shifty: :D then they have to rethink everything :ugeek: Good Times :thumbup:
Anyone who doesn't take truth seriously in small matters cannot be trusted with large ones either by Albert Einstein.

Allan

Post by Allan » Wed Feb 10, 2010 11:00 pm

Hi emmylou

According to the latest release of data from the December run the number of mesons detected are greater then the number predicted by the model. So it would appear there is something at least a little bit unexpected going on there.

Allan

Stephen

Post by Stephen » Wed Feb 10, 2010 11:05 pm

Unexpected as in a small difference, or unexpected as in "string theory may be right" kind of way?

CharmQuark
Site Admin

Post by CharmQuark » Thu Feb 11, 2010 12:20 am

Allan wrote:Hi emmylou

According to the latest release of data from the December run the number of mesons detected are greater then the number predicted by the model. So it would appear there is something at least a little bit unexpected going on there.

Allan
Sounds interesting :D

chriwi
LHCPortal Guru

Post by chriwi » Thu Feb 11, 2010 10:41 am

unexpected in the way that they get something not predicted by any theory by now, so they have to make a correction in their experiment/measurement or in their theorys afterall.
Tere was no consideration if SST or any other accepted theory would give a possibility to explain theese mesurements.

Interesting is mainly: if the standard-model cannot predict htees meson-rates but predicts a highs-particle, maybe standard model is wrong in the way that there is noc Highs after all.

Would be interesting to know if Ivans theory has an expaination for theese unexpectet meson-rates. But since he prefers not to work with math and numbers I don't belive that he could predict any rates of particles at all.
bye

chriwi

LarryS

Post by LarryS » Thu Feb 11, 2010 1:48 pm

For any anomaly discovered by the LHC, Ivan will stand up and shout that his theory predicted this result.

Just watch ...

CharmQuark
Site Admin

Post by CharmQuark » Thu Feb 11, 2010 1:53 pm

LarryS wrote:For any anomaly discovered by the LHC, Ivan will stand up and shout that his theory predicted this result.

Just watch ...
Spot on Larry :thumbup: :cry:

chriwi
LHCPortal Guru

Post by chriwi » Thu Feb 11, 2010 2:31 pm

Spot on Ivan, he already did before the post of Larry, but up to now he cannot explain his claim.

:lol:
bye

chriwi

LarryS

Post by LarryS » Thu Feb 11, 2010 5:02 pm

Had not seen his post but ... does this mean that I am beginning to think like him?

If so, let me throw myself into the nearest magnetic hole!

CharmQuark
Site Admin

Post by CharmQuark » Thu Feb 11, 2010 5:04 pm

LarryS wrote:Had not seen his post but ... does this mean that I am beginning to think like him?

If so, let me throw myself into the nearest magnetic hole!
hahaha Larry don't do that you can come on mine and Orions comet if ya want :thumbup:

CharmQuark
Site Admin

Post by CharmQuark » Fri Feb 12, 2010 6:57 am

:Big Love: smiles I think i have watched nearly everything that brian has been in haha :Big Oops: