sub-atomic particles travelling faster than light

The place to discuss particle physics
keandre

sub-atomic particles travelling faster than light

Post by keandre » Wed Jun 20, 2012 8:31 am

If it would be possible, and the development of this technology reach its full potential then one could send someone a message in the passed that would change the current realm we live in. I assume that the time that we will send these messages will be in only the past 20 years or so because of the lack of electronicks. I assume that messages like text or email will be the first that will assumingly travel over time. Say now I send myself a message of the lotto number of the following day and I win the lotto will I instantaniously be rich in this realm, or say somebody send someone who died in a car accident a message the morning before he died warning him not to drive that road that day and he follows the order will he suddenly reappear in this realm or will everything in this realm change accordingly. Say for instance you lost a loved one in a accident and a message was sent to him/her to avoid the conditions and he/she follows orders. What will suddenly happen in this realm, remember you lived maybe for years without that loved on and suddenly they here now alive, what happens to your memory of the time the loved went along and now that everything has changed. Just for that I think you can maybe sieze to exist because maybe that person was maybe driving someday with you and made an accident with you and suddenly you do not exist anymore. The complexity of it is to wide to imagine. So you change our realm by manipulating the past. I personnaly do not think it is possible. But if I look at physics it looks like maybe it can be accomplished. Onother thing is this thing can be used as a weapon because if we know what happened in history and know we can send messages to the passed to manipulate history like the twin towers, Osama Bin Laden, Afghanistan, Japan tsunami etc. I would pesonnally try to saved people who died in accidents because wont you avoid riding a road if you recieved a text on your cellphone that says. "If you want to live avoid that Road. And suddenly there is a lot of our loved with us. Is it maybe possible???

terryburton

Re: sub-atomic particles travelling faster than light

Post by terryburton » Thu Jun 21, 2012 4:10 pm

I would suggest that moving this post into Other topics » Off topic or (tangentially) Other topics » Quantum Philosophy might generate discussion.

chelle

Post by chelle » Fri Jun 22, 2012 1:23 pm

Terry,

You should check out the linked page behind the red exclamation mark in every post (Image). There you have at "Reason" the option to choose what you just proposed in your last post, and add a motivation, than it goes to one of them top-moderators here I suppose :thumbup: .

cheers,

m.
Dance, even if you have nowhere to do it but your own living room.
Wear Sunscreen by Baz Luhrmann - Mary Schmich

CharmQuark
Site Admin

Post by CharmQuark » Fri Jun 22, 2012 7:49 pm

I see no reason why it shouldn't stay here Terry :thumbup:
Anyone who doesn't take truth seriously in small matters cannot be trusted with large ones either by Albert Einstein.

terryburton

Post by terryburton » Mon Jun 25, 2012 8:48 pm

CharmQuark wrote:I see no reason why it shouldn't stay here Terry :thumbup:
I'm hopeful that the relocation would generate discussion rather than intending to be critical of the subject. :-)

DCWhitworth
LHCPortal Guru

Post by DCWhitworth » Mon Jun 25, 2012 8:59 pm

terryburton wrote:
CharmQuark wrote:I see no reason why it shouldn't stay here Terry :thumbup:
I'm hopeful that the relocation would generate discussion rather than intending to be critical of the subject. :-)
Seconded, it doesn't really relate to the LHC directly.
DC

The LHC - One ring to rule them all !

CharmQuark
Site Admin

Post by CharmQuark » Wed Jun 27, 2012 7:31 pm

Right......as you wish
Anyone who doesn't take truth seriously in small matters cannot be trusted with large ones either by Albert Einstein.

Chester33

Post by Chester33 » Sat Dec 22, 2012 12:59 pm

This one does travel faster than light. It hast two, what holds universe it has to travel faster then light, since the Sun is within universe.

Confirms Tesla all along, and:"If you only knew the magnificence of the 3, 6 and 9, then you would have the key to the universe." Nikola Tesla
Chester33