Do they use a check list when restarting the injections?

The place to discuss the LHC. Commissioning, operation, issues, events ....
Harbles
LHCPortal Guru

Do they use a check list when restarting the injections?

Post by Harbles » Mon Dec 14, 2009 6:13 pm

I 've been following along this afternoon and twice now they had the wrong settings for injection. First had the RF freq at 1.18 TeV setting not 450GeV injection freq. Then had the beam tune feedback set wrong. I guess if all you is loose a little time then no big deal but this sound like the sort of thing that could easily be fixed by following a checklist procedure.

Armchair collider operator returning control to your regularly scheduled operator. lol.

JGLambourne

Re: Do they use a check list when restarting the injections?

Post by JGLambourne » Mon Dec 14, 2009 8:32 pm

Harbles wrote:I 've been following along this afternoon and twice now they had the wrong settings for injection. First had the RF freq at 1.18 TeV setting not 450GeV injection freq. Then had the beam tune feedback set wrong. .
Where are you reading the RF and tune settings?? Is there a page where these can be watched live?
Harbles wrote:I guess if all you is loose a little time then no big deal but this sound like the sort of thing that could easily be fixed by following a checklist procedure.
I would have thought a warning message from the control software would be better. That way the operator can't forget to go through the checklist. Maybe they need to fully commission the machine before such things can be added.