Page 4 of 4

Re: COOL links

Posted: Wed Aug 18, 2010 1:32 pm
by Harbles
Hi Dave, I noticed the same thing with the flash version. Try the Windows Media version it seemed ok to me.

Re: COOL links

Posted: Wed Aug 18, 2010 8:38 pm
by Bornerdogge
On VLC there's an option for sound synchro...

Re: COOL links

Posted: Thu Aug 19, 2010 4:11 pm
by morgad
Harbles wrote:Hi Dave, I noticed the same thing with the flash version. Try the Windows Media version it seemed ok to me.
my Ubuntu 8.04LTS box would not play the .wmv files, so I downloaded the 2GB mpeg, and played that on my EeePC :-)

many thanks
Dave

Re: COOL links

Posted: Mon Oct 17, 2011 8:09 pm
by pjotertje

Re: COOL links

Posted: Sun Jan 15, 2012 4:37 am
by Harbles
If you like watching really really smart people talk about the latest in theoretical physics then you'll like.

The 29th Jerusalem Winter School in Theoretical Physics lecture series.

http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL62E093921D6C4102


The lectures by Maria Spiropulu (CERN and Caltech): LHC Results I & II are particularly relevant.

Re: COOL links

Posted: Sun Jan 15, 2012 6:09 pm
by CharmQuark
Works for me :)

Re: COOL links

Posted: Mon Jan 16, 2012 5:36 pm
by chelle
Harbles wrote:If you like watching really really smart people talk about the latest in theoretical physics then you'll like.

The 29th Jerusalem Winter School in Theoretical Physics lecture series.

http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL62E093921D6C4102


The lectures by Maria Spiropulu (CERN and Caltech): LHC Results I & II are particularly relevant.
Nice presentations!

Re: COOL links

Posted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 4:30 pm
by Harbles
An interesting look ahead to 2012 from the LHC Lumi Days 2012 series of talks.

http://cdsweb.cern.ch/search?f=490__a&p ... ays%202012

Re: COOL links

Posted: Sun Mar 25, 2012 4:44 am
by Harbles
Sixty Symbols Did a series on the LHC that's as close as I'll likely come to visiting CERN.

Message from Geneva
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jdRf3hXt ... ature=plcp

Neutrinos slower than light
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cezltcn9 ... ature=plcp

High above the LHC
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MADzbn_E ... ature=plcp

Inside the Large Hadron Collider (CMS)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5r6vyZ2b ... ature=plcp

Inside ATLAS at the Large Hadron Collider
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sVYUqMRolaA

Re: COOL links

Posted: Thu May 31, 2012 8:30 pm
by DCWhitworth
Don't know if this has been posted before but this is now my favourite physics song - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U0kXkWXSXRA

:D

Re: COOL links

Posted: Fri Jun 01, 2012 7:07 pm
by CharmQuark
DCWhitworth wrote:Don't know if this has been posted before but this is now my favourite physics song - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U0kXkWXSXRA

:D
Totally love that tune!! :dance:

Re: COOL links

Posted: Sun Jul 15, 2012 3:07 am
by Harbles
It's that time of the year again. Time for CERN Summer School. It started about ten days ago and some lectures are posted already but it will continue till August 17 which seems longer than other years. At any rate here's the link.
http://indico.cern.ch/scripts/SSLPdispl ... &nbweeks=7

Re: COOL links

Posted: Tue Jul 24, 2012 12:13 am
by gilgamorph
DC Whitworth wrote:
Don't know if this has been posted before but this is now my favourite physics song - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U0kXkWXSXRA
Nice song, but this still my favorite: The Large Hadron Rap

:banana-linedance: :banana-linedance: :banana-linedance: :banana-angel: :banana-blonde: :banana-dance: :banana-dreads: :banana-rainbow: :banana-rock: :banana-wrench: :banana-tux: :banana-guitar: :banana-linedance: :banana-linedance: :banana-linedance: