Where's the link to LHC morning meeting documentation?

The place to discuss the LHC. Commissioning, operation, issues, events ....
jmc2000

Where's the link to LHC morning meeting documentation?

Post by jmc2000 » Mon Mar 30, 2015 12:08 pm

Does anyone know the link for the daily LHC morning meeting documentation?

Cheers,

Jmc

drsnooker

Re: Where's the link to LHC morning meeting documentation?

Post by drsnooker » Mon Mar 30, 2015 3:59 pm

Check the very next thread! Sadly there hasn't been an update on the morning meetings...

tomey36

Post by tomey36 » Tue Mar 31, 2015 12:39 am

jahonen

Post by jahonen » Sun Apr 30, 2017 7:20 am

I noticed recently that above link for morning meeting slides have become inaccessible for us ordinary mortals, I wonder what is reason for that? E-logbook still works, but those morning meeting slides were nice summaries to read.

Regards,
Janne

dukwon

Post by dukwon » Mon May 01, 2017 9:34 am

Can someone in the invited-op-elogbook-users egroup confirm whether or not they have access to the morning meeting indico category?

LarryS

Post by LarryS » Mon May 01, 2017 10:33 am

I have e-logbook access but found myself now blocked from the morning meeting slides. I open a CERN service desk ticket requesting my e-logbook access (logon id) be extended to include the morning slides. Answer was: Morning meeting slides are now only available to full CERN ID's and access was not granted.

mfb

Post by mfb » Mon May 01, 2017 11:04 am

No reason given?

I looked through the morning meeting slides, and the changed access rights were not mentioned there.

LarryS

Post by LarryS » Mon May 01, 2017 12:06 pm

All the service desk was able to tell me was viewing rights were now limited to full CERN ID's and my e-logon rights could not be extended. They indicated that they might be able to provide a department name or two if i wanted to plead my case however, we closed the ticket as i did not want to push things as an "outside guest."

LarryS

Post by LarryS » Mon May 01, 2017 12:12 pm

TO: mfb

Below is part of the "ticket conversation" which might provide some additional information

--------------------------------------------------

Dear Guest,
There is a question for you.

Ticket No: RQF0744776
Short description: Morning Slide Access
Question from Lionel Dieu:
Hello,

Unfortunately, if you don't have a primary CERN account, you won't be able to access to these events and their materials.
Also, I must admit that I don't know at all why they have configured this access restriction, as we (the Indico support team) don't manage these configurations. Only the Managers of a category can configure this restriction.
But perhaps you can contact directly at least one of these managers below and ask him why ?

Managers:
* Markus Albert - markus.albert@cern.ch
* Rossano Giachino - rossano.giachino@cern.ch

Please let me know their reply for the suite of your ticket.

Best regards

Lionel
CERN Indico 2nd Line Support

mfb

Post by mfb » Mon May 01, 2017 8:25 pm

Well, that doesn't say much. We knew that someone set it to restricted already. The parent category is not restricted, so it is not an unexpected effect of a change elsewhere.

jlourenc

Post by jlourenc » Tue May 02, 2017 4:31 am

Hi
I've also tried my luck and got no answer back. I really miss knowing what is going on.
If it helps, assuming we have some valid credentials and cern agrees, I could write some code to fetch the information and host it elsewhere automatically.

Best
Joao

dukwon

Post by dukwon » Tue May 02, 2017 7:54 am

There's not much point in re-hosting the slides. If BE-OP would grant permission for the slides to be public, they would also just make the category public.

I think it's best if we ask for read permissions for invited-op-elogbook-users. It's quite likely that whoever set it to restricted doesn't know about the egroup.

zorba

Post by zorba » Tue May 02, 2017 8:56 am

I've also been pursuing the question of why access to the morning meetings appears to have been withdrawn in 2017 and indeed access to meeting minutes that I read last year are also now inaccessible.

I have corresponded with Indico Support and obtained this rather puzzling answer:

==========================================================
Ticket No: INC1349634
Short description: Public Access to LHC Morning Meetings
Question from Lionel Dieu:
Hello Mr Andrews,

The access to this LHCb category is restricted to the members of the Egroup "lhcb-general" where you are not registered.
It is why you cannot access to this category.
If you need to have its access right , please contact the secretariat of LHCb on the Email address below and ask them to give you this right:

LHCb Secretariat: Lhcb.Secretariat@cern.ch

Unfortunately, we cannot give you this access rights without their authorization, for security reasons.

Please let me know their reply for the suite of this ticket.

Best regards

Lionel
CERN Indico 2nd Line Support
==============================================================

This makes me wonder whether this category (6386 from a Google search) has been mistakenly given over to ownership by LHCb instead of some wider LHC Operations Group? I cannot think of a reason why LHCb as opposed to any of the other experiments should own this collection of meeting minutes.

I hope that this response on the ownership issue might throw some light on the matter and suggest possible ways forward to those with more understanding of how CERN operates than I do.

Regards,

Richard

dukwon

Post by dukwon » Tue May 02, 2017 9:36 am

Can I please suggest that people don't contact Indico support about this, as it's clearly not an issue with Indico. This seems to be a decision made by someone in BE-OP-LHC.

dukwon

Post by dukwon » Tue May 02, 2017 9:40 am

zorba wrote: This makes me wonder whether this category (6386 from a Google search) has been mistakenly given over to ownership by LHCb instead of some wider LHC Operations Group? I cannot think of a reason why LHCb as opposed to any of the other experiments should own this collection of meeting minutes.
The LHC morning meetings category page still shows it is owned by lhc-engineers, lhc-mc and two named people. I think the person who responded to your ticket mistook your question to be about the LHCb Commissioning and Operations category (https://indico.cern.ch/category/669/).