Hello, I'm joining your world :o)

New users should check this forum first. Say hi.
RGVX

Hello, I'm joining your world :o)

Post by RGVX » Thu Sep 26, 2013 4:13 pm

:text-imnewhere: Hello from me, RGVX, otherwise known as Steve :o)

Why am I here? Well, to learn as much as I can and talk to people with the same interests :o)

A little about myself:

I've always, since a child been interested in the big questions, such as where does the Universe come from and how does it work. After leaving school, science and maths being weak spots of mine, despite my interest, I went to college and did computer science. I still wanted to study the subject but did not get the graids required at college to go on and do it :o( (1994). I joined the RAF, who said that they could finance me to do a degree through the Open University. A few years later, they did, but work commitments made this impossible. After leaving 7 years later, I started again, passing the first year and getting half way through the second, but a financial disaster put paid to that :o( 8 years later, at the age of 37, I am starting again (yes, I'm determined to do this), now that I can pay through a student loan. (Despite having started the course, the loan is still about 5 weeks away from being confirmed so still could spell disaster lol).

Anyway, being reading hard to get my mind back into it and determined to do it this time (loan permitting).

I currently work in a support role for a University where Cern have a facility, and it's talking to the guys there that inspired me to seek out my options for restarting.

Anyway, enough dribble.

Steve :o) :text-imnewhere:

Xymox
Site Admin

Re: Hello, I'm joining your world :o)

Post by Xymox » Thu Sep 26, 2013 8:18 pm

Welcome !...

DCWhitworth
LHCPortal Guru

Post by DCWhitworth » Thu Sep 26, 2013 8:44 pm

Now that's what I call hardcore dedication to following your dreams !

You'll find it's a bit quiet here at the moment on account of someone having turned off our favourite awesome machine for a bit, but there's still a few hard core nuts lurking around if you want a chat on the subject.
DC

The LHC - One ring to rule them all !

CharmQuark
Site Admin

Post by CharmQuark » Thu Sep 26, 2013 10:11 pm

Hiya Steve :wave:

Welcome to our little community :mrgreen: So pleased that you have come to join us! Was really good having a chat to you this afternoon on the ever wonderful facebook haha :geek: I think you will fit in perfectly here!! Look forward to seeing some of your posts and comments.

As always the ever loving CharmQuark :thumbup:
Anyone who doesn't take truth seriously in small matters cannot be trusted with large ones either by Albert Einstein.

RGVX

Post by RGVX » Fri Sep 27, 2013 12:42 pm

Hi Charm (CQ) ;o)

Glad to join :o) As I actually work in a support role for a research facility here in England that is part of Cern, I hope that I can, if possible, endevour to get help from those guys too if you need it here :o)

Steve :o)

RGVX

Post by RGVX » Fri Sep 27, 2013 12:43 pm

DCWhitworth wrote:Now that's what I call hardcore dedication to following your dreams !

You'll find it's a bit quiet here at the moment on account of someone having turned off our favourite awesome machine for a bit, but there's still a few hard core nuts lurking around if you want a chat on the subject.

Thanks Whitworth,

Yes, I'm certainly determined ;o)

Steve

RGVX

Post by RGVX » Fri Sep 27, 2013 12:44 pm

Xymox wrote:Welcome !...
Thanks Xymox :o)

Steve