Banned 4 asking about superposition in HiggsField Superfluid

Anything can be discussed, tempers may flare.
This forum has no connection with CERN, the LHC or my site.

Moderator: CharmQuark

Forum rules
Any controversial topic can be discussed. Freedom of expression is encouraged. The scientific validity of things posted in this forum may stray from reality quite wildly and the reader is advised to keep that in mind. Please refrain from bad language and DO NOT get overly abusive with other members. You MUST post in English. It is OK to have fiercely intense debate. This forum has no connection with CERN, the LHC or my site. The views here do not represent the forum's views or my views in any way. It is meant as a place to debate or discuss subjects that may create heated debate. Almost no moderation will occur in this forum at all.
chelle

Banned 4 asking about superposition in HiggsField Superfluid

Post by chelle » Fri May 08, 2015 8:26 am

What gives me a little bit the creeps is getting banned for asking questions at a more established physics forum.

I've been asking about vibrations in the Higgs Field Superfluid on https://www.physicsforums.com at their section Beyond the Standard Model

... and suddenly I'm banned and the topic is deleted, most likely because of this reason:
"All threads in this forum are intended for discussion of the scientific content of well-researched models of physics beyond the Standard Model that have been published in peer-reviewed journals. Due to the speculative nature of the subject, not-yet-published papers uploaded to databases like ArXiv or presented at reputable conferences are also acceptable for discussion. (Note that references to such unreviewed sources remain unacceptable in the other subforums dedicated to more established areas of physics.)

This forum may not be used to propose new ideas or personal theories. All threads of this nature that are started in this forum will be removed by Mentors."

https://www.physicsforums.com/threads/f ... re-posting
I've been taking screenshots and made a print-pdf while I was still accepted :mrgreen:

... It's crazy how one could get banned for asking about superposition, that's one of the oldest theories around.

grtz,

m.

http://800million.org/Banned/Ripples_in ... rfluid.pdf

Et voilà:

Dance, even if you have nowhere to do it but your own living room.
Wear Sunscreen by Baz Luhrmann - Mary Schmich

draph91

Re: Banned 4 asking about superposition in HiggsField Superf

Post by draph91 » Fri Aug 21, 2015 1:54 pm

chelle wrote:What gives me a little bit the creeps is getting banned for asking questions at a more established physics forum.

I've been asking about vibrations in the Higgs Field Superfluid on https://www.physicsforums.com at their section Beyond the Standard Model

... and suddenly I'm banned and the topic is deleted, most likely because of this reason:
"All threads in this forum are intended for discussion of the scientific content of well-researched models of physics beyond the Standard Model that have been published in peer-reviewed journals. Due to the speculative nature of the subject, not-yet-published papers uploaded to databases like ArXiv or presented at reputable conferences are also acceptable for discussion. (Note that references to such unreviewed sources remain unacceptable in the other subforums dedicated to more established areas of physics.)

This forum may not be used to propose new ideas or personal theories. All threads of this nature that are started in this forum will be removed by Mentors."

https://www.physicsforums.com/threads/f ... re-posting
I've been taking screenshots and made a print-pdf while I was still accepted :mrgreen:

... It's crazy how one could get banned for asking about superposition, that's one of the oldest theories around.

grtz,

m.

http://800million.org/Banned/Ripples_in ... rfluid.pdf

Et voilà:

wow I know you feel I was banned from a website for being a spam bot :angry-screaming:
A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals, and you know it - Agent K

You hear one doomsday prediction, you hear them all

chelle

Post by chelle » Sat Aug 22, 2015 7:51 am

draph91 wrote:wow I know you feel I was banned from a website for being a spam bot :angry-screaming:
So what were you advertising ... fresh blood by any chance? :character-count:

draph91

Post by draph91 » Thu Sep 03, 2015 10:33 am

chelle wrote:
draph91 wrote:wow I know you feel I was banned from a website for being a spam bot :angry-screaming:
So what were you advertising ... fresh blood by any chance? :character-count:
no trying to ask about the tpp, it was a game mod website for Skyrim
A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals, and you know it - Agent K

chelle

Post by chelle » Thu Sep 03, 2015 6:34 pm

draph91 wrote:no trying to ask about the tpp, it was a game mod website for Skyrim
Oh, I see ... they just said that because you were probably annoying them ... for games it's not so troublesome but in the case of physics it can be a life or death situation. :mrgreen:

draph91

Post by draph91 » Thu Sep 03, 2015 7:06 pm

chelle wrote:
draph91 wrote:no trying to ask about the tpp, it was a game mod website for Skyrim
Oh, I see ... they just said that because you were probably annoying them ... for games it's not so troublesome but in the case of physics it can be a life or death situation. :mrgreen:
they didn't even give me a warning, they just banned me

chelle

Post by chelle » Thu Sep 03, 2015 7:14 pm

draph91 wrote:they didn't even give me a warning, they just banned me
Maybe they made a mistake ... anyway I guess you made a new account ... that's what I do ... me I have very little scruples. :mrgreen: