LHC, The "Mass Particle", and BlackHoles

Anything can be discussed, tempers may flare.
This forum has no connection with CERN, the LHC or my site.

Moderator: CharmQuark

Forum rules
Any controversial topic can be discussed. Freedom of expression is encouraged. The scientific validity of things posted in this forum may stray from reality quite wildly and the reader is advised to keep that in mind. Please refrain from bad language and DO NOT get overly abusive with other members. You MUST post in English. It is OK to have fiercely intense debate. This forum has no connection with CERN, the LHC or my site. The views here do not represent the forum's views or my views in any way. It is meant as a place to debate or discuss subjects that may create heated debate. Almost no moderation will occur in this forum at all.
Crikscience

LHC, The "Mass Particle", and BlackHoles

Post by Crikscience » Fri May 16, 2014 3:19 pm

So, I was thinking the other night. They're trying to find that particle that gives mass to everything, the HiggsBoson or higgs Field. What if Blackholes are made exclusively of this particle or this field in a modified way, and it's just what really happens when a star implodes into a blackhole. I was thinking its like the color black. Once you combine all possible colors or for our case particles it fuses together. So i was thinking that if we actually do "create" this particle vs finding it would it start a chain reaction? that is one my concern with the LHC is that if it does create this mass giving particle or Multiplys the Higgs Field would it automatically start a fusion reaction and begin sucking in everything around it due to it's extreme density there for starting an instantaneous blackhole here on earth. because what was it, a teaspoon of a blackhole's event horizon is = to a couple million tonnes? thoughts?

Xymox
Site Admin

Re: LHC, The "Mass Particle", and BlackHoles

Post by Xymox » Mon May 19, 2014 8:17 am

Hmmm... Most likely any kind of collisions we create on earth would be vastly less powerful then naturally occurring collisions that happen all the time in the universe. So it does not, to me, seem likely there is any danger.