Discern has been banned

Anything can be discussed, tempers may flare.
This forum has no connection with CERN, the LHC or my site.

Moderator: CharmQuark

Forum rules
Any controversial topic can be discussed. Freedom of expression is encouraged. The scientific validity of things posted in this forum may stray from reality quite wildly and the reader is advised to keep that in mind. Please refrain from bad language and DO NOT get overly abusive with other members. You MUST post in English. It is OK to have fiercely intense debate. This forum has no connection with CERN, the LHC or my site. The views here do not represent the forum's views or my views in any way. It is meant as a place to debate or discuss subjects that may create heated debate. Almost no moderation will occur in this forum at all.
Xymox
Site Admin

Discern has been banned

Post by Xymox » Fri Dec 04, 2009 4:42 pm

Discern verbally assaulted a member of cern on this forum. Further he broke rules I set down about posting controversial topics in other forums. He also posted private, personal information about a CERN member.. He did this in a very nasty way.

I tried to be kind to Discern, I tried to be tolerant of his views, I created a forum he could express himself. I created rules just for him. I really tried to be impartial.

By breaking these rules, being very abusive in a post towards CERN employees and towards other forum members in a forum clearly NOT designed for controversial topics and for breaking the agreement he had with me, I have banned him. His email address, his IP addresses, his username and removed all his posts.

Had he stuck to the rules I would have allowed him to stay and discuss anything he wanted to discuss. BUT unfortunately he did not.

I am sorry if removing all his threads may have removed something of interest to you. I admit I got upset and may have gone too far in removing his posts.

LarryS

Re: Discern has been banned

Post by LarryS » Sat Dec 05, 2009 12:55 pm

I fully support your final decision; you made a sincere effort to create a forum for his "concepts."

seedyjay

Post by seedyjay » Tue Dec 08, 2009 5:04 pm

Xymox; it has been my observation that you are very tolerant of the discussions going on here and have imposed few rules to be followed. If someone cannot be civil and adhere to the minimal structure you have requested, there is little you can do other than ban them. Hopefully, this will be rare (or even better, unique) event since dealing with intransigents is one of the most difficult things any site administrator has to do. Thanks for taking appropriate action in this matter.

Tau
LHCPortal Guru

Post by Tau » Fri Feb 05, 2010 10:56 pm

Yes Xymox, you did the good thing.
Especially, we must make sure noone at CERN gets hindered in any way.
- Tau