Several biggest errors of particle physicists.

Anything can be discussed, tempers may flare.
This forum has no connection with CERN, the LHC or my site.

Moderator: CharmQuark

Forum rules
Any controversial topic can be discussed. Freedom of expression is encouraged. The scientific validity of things posted in this forum may stray from reality quite wildly and the reader is advised to keep that in mind. Please refrain from bad language and DO NOT get overly abusive with other members. You MUST post in English. It is OK to have fiercely intense debate. This forum has no connection with CERN, the LHC or my site. The views here do not represent the forum's views or my views in any way. It is meant as a place to debate or discuss subjects that may create heated debate. Almost no moderation will occur in this forum at all.
oxodoes
Posts: 66
Joined: Mon Mar 01, 2010 10:26 pm
Contact:

Re: Several biggest errors of particle physicists.

Post by oxodoes » Thu Mar 04, 2010 12:37 pm

OMG. I just found this thread and can not understand why you are still arguing with Ivan. I know that this is the controversial topics corner, but hey Ivans claims are not controversial they are just pure madness, lacking any scientific method what so ever. (At least he is not dangerous as he doesn't even care to stick to basic formalism.) Not banning him is fine as we are part of a free-speech culture, but we don't have to talk to someone who is obviously just enjoying the attention he gets from beeing a crackpot.

As always there is a nice AbstruseGoose comic to go with it:
Image

User avatar
March_Hare
Posts: 135
Joined: Tue Dec 01, 2009 6:09 pm
Location: The Netherlands

Re: Several biggest errors of particle physicists.

Post by March_Hare » Thu Mar 04, 2010 5:17 pm

Bravo oxodoes, let's stop the trolling!
Nothing travels faster than the speed of light with the possible exception of bad news, which obeys its own special laws.
~Douglas Adams

User avatar
CharmQuark
Site Admin
Posts: 1486
Joined: Fri Dec 04, 2009 2:22 am
Location: Berwick-Upon-Tweed (UK)

Re: Several biggest errors of particle physicists.

Post by CharmQuark » Thu Mar 04, 2010 5:21 pm

Sadly it will never stop :cry:
Anyone who doesn't take truth seriously in small matters cannot be trusted with large ones either by Albert Einstein.

User avatar
Allan
Posts: 109
Joined: Fri Nov 27, 2009 7:10 pm
Location: Denver, Colorado

Re: Several biggest errors of particle physicists.

Post by Allan » Thu Mar 04, 2010 5:55 pm

It may if he is banned.

Allan

User avatar
MagneticTrap
Posts: 162
Joined: Thu Dec 03, 2009 2:56 pm
Location: Ukraine Crimea Feodosia
Contact:

Re: Several biggest errors of particle physicists.

Post by MagneticTrap » Thu Mar 04, 2010 7:37 pm

oxodoes wrote:Not banning him is fine as we are part of a free-speech culture, but we don't have to talk to someone who is obviously just enjoying the attention he gets from beeing a crackpot.
March_Hare wrote:Bravo oxodoes, let's stop the trolling!
Bravo oxodoes, let's stop the trolling!
emmylou wrote:Sadly it will never stop
Allan wrote:It may if he is banned.
Do you want to die?
If not, stop powerful colliders.

Best wishes and regards, Ivan.

PS: In the Galaxy at the time of about 100 000 000 000 years almost all stars dies and the same number of stars are born. Now is the time for our Sun. Who will push the button?

User avatar
MagneticTrap
Posts: 162
Joined: Thu Dec 03, 2009 2:56 pm
Location: Ukraine Crimea Feodosia
Contact:

Re: Several biggest errors of particle physicists.

Post by MagneticTrap » Fri Mar 05, 2010 1:35 pm

Heavy antimatter created in gold collisions

Strange news from RHIC.

http://www.scientificamerican.com/artic ... ated-in-go


By the way, look my formulae, which were written before this article was published:

Creation:
p + p + 1000 TeV = p + p + N(usd) + N(u~s~d~).

N(usd) - strange droplet.
N(u~s~d~) - strange antidroplet.

N(u~s~d~) annihilate with matter.

N(usd) will ruin the Earth like these:

N(uds) + p = (N+1)(uds) + K+ = (N+1)(uds) + e+ + 500 MeV.
(N+1)(uds) + n = (N+2)(uds) + K0 = (N+2)(uds) + 500 MeV.

The figure of N(usd) and N(u~s~d~) creation is analogues to this figure of magnetic hole creation.
Image

p + p --> p + p + M.

The difference: instead of magnetic hole, imagine N(usd) flying downward and N(u~s~d~) flying upward.

Mention also chiral magnetic effect.
And use Dirac idea for see quarks.
And happy flight to stars.
Ivan.
Last edited by MagneticTrap on Fri Mar 05, 2010 2:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Stephen
Posts: 496
Joined: Sun Nov 22, 2009 11:09 pm

Re: Several biggest errors of particle physicists.

Post by Stephen » Fri Mar 05, 2010 1:59 pm

Not sure how this article supports your theory. Just because some result of the RHIC or the LHC were a bit unexpected, it doesn't mean that particle physicists are wrong in general or that we're going to die. Speaking of which, what do you have to say about the fact that the RHIC has been running for 10 years now with no strangelets detected? You started talking about strangelets recently, ignoring the fact that strangelets are less likely to be created in the LHC than in the RHIC.

User avatar
MagneticTrap
Posts: 162
Joined: Thu Dec 03, 2009 2:56 pm
Location: Ukraine Crimea Feodosia
Contact:

Re: Several biggest errors of particle physicists.

Post by MagneticTrap » Fri Mar 05, 2010 2:31 pm

Stephen wrote:Speaking of which, what do you have to say about the fact that the RHIC has been running for 10 years now with no strangelets detected?
As we can see they can do strangelet (uds) and antistrangelet (u~d~s~) but yet N=1.

The cause – ion collision, 200 GeV, per nucleon.
At LHC there will be proton collision, 3500 GeV per proton.
Stephen wrote:You started talking about strangelets recently, ignoring the fact that strangelets are less likely to be created in the LHC than in the RHIC.
At LHC will be created two cold crystals from Dirac’s quark sea.

That is absolutely different state, that is not hot quark gluon plasma, but cold crystals, torn out of Dirac’s quark sea.

Stephen
Posts: 496
Joined: Sun Nov 22, 2009 11:09 pm

Re: Several biggest errors of particle physicists.

Post by Stephen » Fri Mar 05, 2010 3:50 pm

Can someone address these claims? Are these cold crystals really going to be created at the LHC, and if so, why are they dangerous?

User avatar
tswsl1989
LHCPortal Guru
Posts: 166
Joined: Thu Dec 24, 2009 2:22 pm
Location: Swansea, Wales, UK
Contact:

Re: Several biggest errors of particle physicists.

Post by tswsl1989 » Fri Mar 05, 2010 7:03 pm

I think that these "crystals" from the Dirac sea are particles of antimatter, something that is well understood, both in theory and experimentally. I wouldn't put it past Ivan to have pulled yet more homespun terminology out of his rectal passageway however.

Stephen
Posts: 496
Joined: Sun Nov 22, 2009 11:09 pm

Re: Several biggest errors of particle physicists.

Post by Stephen » Sun Mar 07, 2010 5:06 pm

Ivan, according to Orion you made a very big mistake in your theory. You say that the RHIC reached a magnetic field of 10^15, while the LHC will reach a value of 10^16. Do you have any evidence for saying that?

User avatar
MagneticTrap
Posts: 162
Joined: Thu Dec 03, 2009 2:56 pm
Location: Ukraine Crimea Feodosia
Contact:

Re: Several biggest errors of particle physicists.

Post by MagneticTrap » Sun Mar 07, 2010 5:35 pm

Ivan, according to Orion you made a very big mistake in your theory. You say that the RHIC reached a magnetic field of 10^15, while the LHC will reach a value of 10^16. Do you have any evidence for saying that?
Read for exaple this pdf:

QCD in very strong magnetic fields: chiral dynamics and fractal dimensions
M.N.Chernodub, (LMPT, Tours U.) P.V.Buividovich, E.V.Luschevskaya, M.I.Polikarpov (ITEP, Moscow)
25 March 2009
-------
At the page two you can see:
Noncentral heavy-ion collisions: B = 10^15 T.

There are other articles of other authors but with the analogues results.

-------------
PS: New article: "RHIC nets strange antimatter", http://physicsworld.com/cws/article/news/41917

Here is my comment to this article:
Proton, p = (uud).
Neutron, n = (udd).
Lambda, l = (uds).
Antiproton, p~ = (u~u~d~).
Antineutron, n~ = (u~d~d~).
Antilambda, l~ = (u~d~s~).
Hypertriton, T = (pnl).
Antihypertriton, T~ = (p~n~l~).

RHIC collides ions. That creates HOT quark gluon plasma.
Now LHC collides protons. In non-central inelastic collisions it can tear out of a Dirac sea a COLD crystals of strange matter and antimatter:

p + p = p + p + N(uds) + N(u~d~s~).

N is a number of lambda and antilambda in "strange nucleus or antinucleus".
The number of nucleons in usual matter is limited, because of electric repulsion between protons. The periodic system is limited by uranium.
The number of lambda (strange nucleons) in strange matter can be not limited and it is possible that neutron stars are in fact are big strange nuclei.

The strange matter can transform a usual matter into strange matter because under big N the binding energy per nucleon in strange nucleus is bigger than in usual matter under the same number of nucleons.

The binding energy can be find through the mass differences of nucleons in free state and inside the nucleus.

Usual matter:

Mass of a free proton is 938.272 MeV/c^2.
Mass of a proton in deuteron is several MeV/c^2 less.
Mass of a proton in He is several MeV/c^2 less.
Mass of a proton in C is several MeV/c^2 less.
Mass of a proton in Fe is several MeV/c^2 less, and minimal.

These mass differences say us about binding energy.

Strange droplet consisting of a several (uds) is unstable and decay.

The mass of free lambda is 1116 MeV/c^2 and is almost 200 MeV/c^2 bigger than the mass of free proton or free neutron.
This is the cause of lambda decay.
Some authors said that strange nucleus, consisting of 10 lambdas, can be stable.
The binding energy of one lambda in big strange nucleus can be, for example, of about 500 MeV/c^2.
That means that strange nucleus can grow transforming usual nuclei into strange ones.
The value 500 TeV, as a binding energy of (uds) in a strangelet N(uds), can easily be received from comparison with the rest energy of kaons K+ and K0, which are correspondingly 493 MeV and 497 MeV.
Kaons (K+=us~; K0=ds~) can be side products, occurring at the time of proton (p=uud) and neutron (n=udd) capture by strange matter N(uds):
N(uds) + p = (N+1)(uds) + K+ = (N+1)(uds) + e+ + 500 MeV.
(N+1)(uds) + n = (N+2)(uds) + K0 = (N+2)(uds) + 500 MeV.
...
...
...
Extremely powerful explosion.

This explosion has specific energy output, which is hundred times bigger than under the nuclear explosion.

By the way, at the time of November-December collisions there were more Kaons output that it was theoretically predicted. That means that we are very close to creation of this dead droplet, which can transform the whole Earth into 10-meterr lump of strange\dead matter.
Space observations says us that periods of pulsars are almost do not change. That means that strange matter is very stable.

Read about strange matter, strangelets, and strange stars in Wikipedia. I think that our civilization is crazy. From one hand, it already knows about a deadly dangerous strange matter; from the other hand, it tries to create that dead droplet at colliders. I do not understand you, people. I wish you to become mentally healthy and STOP all powerful colliders.

At LHC two COLD crystals can be created from Dirac’s quark sea. That is absolutely different state. That is not hot quark gluon plasma, but cold crystals, torn out of Dirac’s quark sea. Density of those crystals can be hundred times bigger than the density of nuclear matter and by hundred millions times more than the density of usual solid matter.

Strange crystal, which can be made tomorrow at LHC, can kill us all.
p + p + 2*3.5 TeV= p + p + 6000(usd) + 6000(u~s~d~)

Strange crystal 6000(usd) is extremely stable and deadly dangerous! This is a droplet of strange matter, embryo of a "neutron star". The whole Earth can be transformed into such strange matter in a 1000 of seconds or slightly more.

User avatar
Tau
LHCPortal Guru
Posts: 168
Joined: Tue Jan 05, 2010 10:16 pm
Location: Heemskerk, Netherlands

The machine that solves the problem

Post by Tau » Sun Mar 07, 2010 6:11 pm

Dear Ivan,
I have the solution to all your problems.
The Psionic Hieronymous Machine™ http://www.lifetechnology.org/hieronymus.htm will allow you to switch off the LHC from a distance, and the theory behind it, based on quantum mechanics, looks compatible with your theories. Could you please test it for us?
:whistle:
- Tau

Stephen
Posts: 496
Joined: Sun Nov 22, 2009 11:09 pm

Re: Several biggest errors of particle physicists.

Post by Stephen » Sun Mar 07, 2010 10:42 pm

Questions for Ivan -
1. Explain why an excited vacuum region will be created in a proton proton collision?
2. Why do you believe strong magnetic fields to cause exited vacuum regions?
3. Why is an excited vacuum region dangerous?
4. The cosmic rays were covered by LSAG, and found to be a good comparison to the LHC collisions. Your claim that different velocities change the outcome of the collisions. This claim has been disproved.
5. Cosmic rays have been colliding right on the surface of the moon for 4 billion years. Why didn't we detect any strange matter on the moon when we visited it?
6. How do the results of the December collisions prove your theory?

User avatar
MagneticTrap
Posts: 162
Joined: Thu Dec 03, 2009 2:56 pm
Location: Ukraine Crimea Feodosia
Contact:

Re: Several biggest errors of particle physicists.

Post by MagneticTrap » Mon Mar 08, 2010 9:57 am

1. Explain why an excited vacuum region will be created in a proton proton collision?
Excited vacuum region can be created between curved trajectories of protons in the place of nearest distance. Image
Under pB=mc^2, vacuum transforms from antiferromagnetic state into ferromagnetic state. In the terminology of other authors – from diamagnetic state into paramagnetic state. That means that exited region becomes stable, and if there is a “food”, then “food” will be captured and ruined with the growth of the dangerous exited region.
2. Why do you believe strong magnetic fields to cause exited vacuum regions?
Because the equation pB=mc^2 will be achieved at TeV energy region. The formula pB=mc^2 is analogues to the formula of black hole GMm/r=mc^2/2. Proton has the mass m and magnetic moment p. If proton enters into such gravity field that GMm/r>mc^2/2, then it can not leave it. That means that proton is in a gravity black hole. If proton enters into such magnetic field B that pB>mc^2, then proton can not leave it. It means that proton is inside the magnetic black hole. There proton can be ruined, ejecting positron, and the number of constituent elements of magnetic hole will be more per one unit.
3. Why is an excited vacuum region dangerous?
Because it can kill the Earth with very great probability.
4. The cosmic rays were covered by LSAG, and found to be a good comparison to the LHC collisions. Your claim that different velocities change the outcome of the collisions. This claim has been disproved.
Let’s see at 1 TeV per beam.
a/ p-p collisions on collider can produces almost 0-velocity dangerous condensates (mh or strangelet). Condensate can not be ruined by surrounding matter because kinetic energies of surrounding particles are much less than the binding energy of constituent element of condensate.
b/ equivalent cosmo-atmospheric p-p collisions produces dangerous condensates with kinetic energies of about 2000 TeV and with binding energy of about 500MeV per constituent element. Next collisions with atmospheric particles, having kinetic energy about 1 TeV will ruin the condensate, creating a cosmic rays shower.
c/ equivalent cosmo-cosmo p-p collisions are very rarefied even at cosmological times. MMHs have strong magnetic field, and photons, emitted by the star, will be scattered on mmh. Consequently, if mmh is created in the vicinity of a star, it will be blown out by the star light into interstellar space. Microscopic and big magnetic holes can be a “dark matter” of the Galaxy. As we know, the amount of dark matter in the Galaxy is several times more than amount of usual visible barionic matter.
5. Cosmic rays have been colliding right on the surface of the moon for 4 billion years. Why didn't we detect any strange matter on the moon when we visited it?
Read attentively 4.
6. How do the results of the December collisions prove your theory?
a/ The amount of created mesons is bigger than it was predicted by Standard Model.
b/ Chiral magnetic effect received experimental proof at RHIC.

Post Reply