Several biggest errors of particle physicists.

Anything can be discussed, tempers may flare.
This forum has no connection with CERN, the LHC or my site.

Moderator: CharmQuark

Forum rules
Any controversial topic can be discussed. Freedom of expression is encouraged. The scientific validity of things posted in this forum may stray from reality quite wildly and the reader is advised to keep that in mind. Please refrain from bad language and DO NOT get overly abusive with other members. You MUST post in English. It is OK to have fiercely intense debate. This forum has no connection with CERN, the LHC or my site. The views here do not represent the forum's views or my views in any way. It is meant as a place to debate or discuss subjects that may create heated debate. Almost no moderation will occur in this forum at all.
Shadowdraxx
LHCPortal Guru

Re: Several biggest errors of particle physicists.

Post by Shadowdraxx » Mon Feb 15, 2010 6:02 pm

I really tire of this stuff, i mean so much info false info, and cross checking I manage to get freaked out with it all.

Stephen

Post by Stephen » Mon Feb 15, 2010 6:59 pm

ORION111 wrote: Ivan, how does a magnetic hole turn a whole planet into an asteroid belt?
Magnetic holes are very mysterious objects. Sometimes they turn a planet into the remainders of Supernova (SN 1987), sometimes they turn a planet into an asteroid belt (Phaeton), and sometimes they turn a planet into an icy comet (Earth)
Last edited by Stephen on Tue Feb 16, 2010 5:56 am, edited 1 time in total.

Beast

Post by Beast » Mon Feb 15, 2010 8:49 pm

> 3. Explosions of oil and gas pipes, leading to Europe.

> I would be performed the third point, but I have no sufficient money and time to buy explosives and to hire performers.

Иван возьми кредит в банке)))

MagneticTrap

Post by MagneticTrap » Tue Feb 16, 2010 7:11 am

ORION111 wrote:
MagneticTrap wrote:Between Mars and Jupiter there was a planet, which was probably exploded with the help of collider.
Now there is an asteroid belt there.

In a week or slightly more CERN physicists can transform the Earth into new asteroid belt.
In a billion years your remnants will drop at the decks of Venues pirates.
Ivan, how does a magnetic hole turn a whole planet into an asteroid belt?
Magnetic hole grows by millions times more rapidly than black hole. It captures protons, ruins them onto x-bosons and positrons, swallows x-bosons and becomes bigger; eject positrons, releasing the energy, which is equivalent to 1/3 of rest energy of proton per each act of induced proton decay.
Let’s suppose that magnetic hole had already ruined the hundredth part of the Earths internal core. Then the external core of the Earth will receive the energy in the form of heat Q = (M/(3*100))*c^2. This heat will transform the internal core’s matter from liquid state into hot plasma. The pressure of this plasma will be so great that the Earth’s radius will grow with acceleration. The thickness of the Earth’s mantle and crust will become smaller. At last Earth’s surface will be torn on peaces and start into cosmos. These filaments will be accelerated further by plasma wind, occurring from the central region there the magnetic hole continue to capture the rarefying plasma matter.
I can say without any computation that about of 1/100 of Earths matter will be captured by magnetic hole; 1/10 of Earths matter will form the new asteroid belt; the rest of Earth’s matter will leave the Solar system with high velocity in the form of hot plasma.
If magnetic hole will be captured by the solar magnetic field, then the Sun will undergo an explosion as supernova or several successive explosions as nova.
From the other had, it is not excluded, that the magnetic hole will be thrown out from the Solar system by magnetic forces, soon after the Earth collaptical explosion.
In a billion years your remnants will drop at the decks of Venues pirates, if you will be happy to enter into that 1/10 of Earth’s matter, which had formed the new asteroid belt.
Beast wrote:
MagneticTrap wrote:3. Explosions of oil and gas pipes, leading to Europe.

I would be performed the third point, but I have no sufficient money and time to buy explosives and to hire performers.
Иван возьми кредит в банке)))
Лучше угнать трактор, зацепить трубу тросом и сломать её нах. Пусть там померзнут и посидят без света, - может ума наберутся.
Stephen wrote:
MagneticTrap wrote: There were even Nobel Prize winners, who had said about the dangers from collider particle collisions. They are also unable to stop the LHC experiment.
Who?
Here is a quote from the bottom of the page http://www.lhcfacts.org/
Nobel winning scientist Frank Wilczek recently joked (paraphrase) “If this does cause the end of the world, I will not only be very surprised but very embarrassed!”
I would say “If the Earth will survive the 7 TeV (per article) experiment at head-on colliders, I will be surprised, because I give 30% on survival and 70% on explosion. If we survive at 3.5 TeV experiment I will not be surprised, not be embarrassed, because I give at these energies 50/50 probabilities.

In any case the crime is already committed. Criminals will be criminals forever, not depending from the results of the experiment, because they had already risked by our lives, and they continue to threaten the humanity survival. I declare: “CERN leaders and other LHC promoters, do not come to my town. You are my first enemies forever, and I can not give any guarantee that you will survive here.”

Beast

Post by Beast » Tue Feb 16, 2010 7:18 am

I think that this LHC scared Ivan by the facetious publicity roller of explosion of earth.

Stephen

Post by Stephen » Tue Feb 16, 2010 7:29 am

You do realize Frank Wilczek is joking? He didn't question the security of the LHC, it was a cynical answer as a response to all the media hysteria surrounding this experiment.

Why did you say the quark gluon plasma created at RHIC was dangerous, and supported your theory of magnetic hole?

By the way, you should make up your mind. Will the earth turn into an asteroid belt, an icy comet or look like the remainders of SN 1987?

Stephen

Post by Stephen » Tue Feb 16, 2010 7:38 am

ORION111 wrote:Stephen, I agree with photino's answer. Now lets look at it in an other way, as many others have said before. While it's good to look at both ways as ions and protons, it's more so about the energy concentration.

The following phenomena are increasing in energy (as in concentration) while decreasing in intensity (as in power).

The energy of Sun hitting Earth in one hour is 4,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 TeV.
The energy of one kilogram of TNT is 2,768,000,000 TeV.
The energy of one LHC Pb ion is 574 TeV.
The energy of one LHC proton is 7 TeV.
The energy of one CLIC electron is 2.5 TeV.

So the most energetic object is the CLIC electron and has the highest ability to create novel events.
It's very comforting to know that, but as far as I know the LSAG report mainly focused on the intensity, so that was what worried me the most. Now that it's proven that heavy ion collisions in the LHC are lower than the same type of collision in cosmic rays, it's obvious that there is nothing to be concerned about.

Unrelated question - was the fireball created at RHIC a quark gluon plasma, or was it something else? According to Wikipedia it was something close to it, but not exactly what they were looking for.
In April 2005, formation of quark matter was tentatively confirmed by results obtained at Brookhaven National Laboratory's Relativistic Heavy Ion Collider (RHIC). The consensus of the four RHIC research groups was that they had created a quark-gluon liquid of very low viscosity. However, contrary to what was at that time still the widespread assumption, it is yet unknown from theoretical predictions whether the QCD "plasma", especially close to the transition temperature, should behave like a gas or liquid

MagneticTrap

Post by MagneticTrap » Tue Feb 16, 2010 1:55 pm

Stephen wrote:Unrelated question - was the fireball created at RHIC a quark gluon plasma, or was it something else?
It was not gas, as thought earlier, but liquid (condensate). Liquid has binding energy. Collider-made object having binding energy can not be compared to analogues cosmo-atmospheric object. That is erroneous deadly comparison.
Stephen wrote:You do realize Frank Wilczek is joking?
In his articles about quark mater he uses such terms as “diquark”, “metastable”, “condensate”, “chromomagnetic”.. So, he did not joked; he understands the real danger..
Stephen wrote:
Why did you say the quark gluon plasma created at RHIC was dangerous, and supported your theory of magnetic hole?
Unpredicted property of condensed liquid. If it stable it will grow..
Chiral magnetic effect..
Stephen wrote:By the way, you should make up your mind. Will the earth turn into an asteroid belt, an icy comet or look like the remainders of SN 1987?
The appearance of icy comets depends from the rapidity of magnetic hole growth.
The probability of Sun explosion (like SN 1987A) depends from the fact would the magnetic hole be captured or not by the Sun, after the Earth explosion. This probability depends from the velocity of a magnetic hole after the Earth Explosion.

Here is quite interest commentary from the page http://www.lhc-concern.info/
Pay attention a the part of the text which was marked in bold by me.
libertine Reply:
February 15th, 2010 at 6:30 pm

good question. What’s next ? Possible answer: the quark bomb! Here’s another link:

http://www.livescience.com/strangenews/ ... 00215.html

quote: ”These scorching conditions are enough to melt the protons and neutrons into their constituent parts - namely fundamental particles called quarks and gluons.

This soup of quarks and gluons is thought to have filled the universe a few microseconds after the Big Bang that may have created it about 13.7 billion years ago. After that point, the matter would have cooled and condensed to form the protons and neutrons that make up the matter we see today.”

and who can tell us how long it takes for the quarks to form protons and neutrons ? I suppose that has something to do with temperature. Once the temperature is high enough a cascade of liberation of quarks may be induced which could last as long as there’s matter around that can be consumed. When the universe was created there was no such thing as protons / neutrons that could be ”consumed”. I could imagine a ”restructering” of a part of the world / maybe all of it - from proton/ neutrons to quarks and back to protons/ neutrons again. I think the world would look different though, afterwards …

quote: ”Somewhat surprisingly, the strange state of matter behaves like a liquid, though earlier predictions suggested it would act more like a gas.

“We know that this is a liquid, but we need to find out why it’s a liquid, and what role did its free-flowing nature play in the early universe?””

maybe your predictions are right but the conditions for a gas were (thankfully !) not reached yet, i.e. the temperature was still ”too small”. I think as soon as that quark soup begins to boil everything else around it that is called protons (and neutrons) will start boiling as well, hell, we could end up with a quark bomb.

spencer

Post by spencer » Tue Feb 16, 2010 4:46 pm

IVAN

You have no scientific method.

Physicists want nothing to do with you, and don't make any claims without their expressed consent.

You are a terrorist.

SPENCER

Stephen

Post by Stephen » Tue Feb 16, 2010 4:54 pm

Can someone address Ivan's latest claims about quark gluon plasma etc.?

spencer

Post by spencer » Tue Feb 16, 2010 5:11 pm

Stephen

good question, wrong person.

Beast

Post by Beast » Tue Feb 16, 2010 7:44 pm

> Can someone address Ivan's latest claims about quark gluon plasma etc.?

Time

Absolutely

CharmQuark
Site Admin

Post by CharmQuark » Tue Feb 16, 2010 7:55 pm

Beast wrote:> Can someone address Ivan's latest claims about quark gluon plasma etc.?

Time

Absolutely
:roll:
Anyone who doesn't take truth seriously in small matters cannot be trusted with large ones either by Albert Einstein.

MagneticTrap

Post by MagneticTrap » Wed Feb 17, 2010 7:55 am

Look at magnetic field on the video at this page.
At RHIC there were achieved the value B=10^15 teslas. That was unstable structure.

In a several days CERN physicists will create a stable microscopic droplet of magnetized vacuum. This ferromagnetic structure will ruin ordinary matter and will transform the Solar system into a new “neutron star”. The critical magnetic field is 10^16 teslas. It does not connected with rotation of a “neutron star” but is an inherent property of x-bosons, constituent force-particles of a “neutron star”.

Read about magnetic properties of such stars, with magnetic holes inside them, here Color Ferromagnetism of Quark Matter; a Possible Origin of Strong Magnetic Field in Magnetars.
And here about stability of such magnetized vacuum:
Axial anomaly and magnetism of nuclear and quark matter