Several biggest errors of particle physicists.

Anything can be discussed, tempers may flare.
This forum has no connection with CERN, the LHC or my site.

Moderator: CharmQuark

Forum rules
Any controversial topic can be discussed. Freedom of expression is encouraged. The scientific validity of things posted in this forum may stray from reality quite wildly and the reader is advised to keep that in mind. Please refrain from bad language and DO NOT get overly abusive with other members. You MUST post in English. It is OK to have fiercely intense debate. This forum has no connection with CERN, the LHC or my site. The views here do not represent the forum's views or my views in any way. It is meant as a place to debate or discuss subjects that may create heated debate. Almost no moderation will occur in this forum at all.
MagneticTrap

Re: Several biggest errors of particle physicists.

Post by MagneticTrap » Thu Feb 25, 2010 1:06 pm

Allan wrote:As far as I can see he hasn't changed anything yet.
No. I have something new.

I wrote a formula for a “black hole, connected by magnetic forces”, which is an analogue of a formula for “black hole, connected by gravity forces”.
Compare: pB=mc^2; GMm/R=mc^2/2.

Now I can see that my formula can easily be transformed into the formula of dangerous condensates (strangelet, pion condensate, quark-gluon condensate..). Condensates are arranged into lattices with linear dimensions, denoted by L.

Look:
qB=2pi*h/L^2.

Let’s go from SI units to special units (m=c=h=1), and by adding quantum number k.

qB=2pi*k/L^2.

Thus we have the formula for lattices, used in cited articles, written by other authors, who had received the critical values of B, very close to my value, ~10^16 teslas.

So, from one hand, magnetic hole is a “black hole”; from the other hand it is some form of quark condensate, for example, strangelet.

What is it, and how does it grow?

Proton consists from two “up” quarks and one “down” quark.
p=(uud)
Neutron consists from one “up” quark and two “down” quarks.
n=(uud)
Nuclei of usual matter consist from neutrons and protons.
For example nucleus of C consists from 6(uud) and 6(udd).
Strange matter consists from elements (uds).
In order to be able to ruin protons, at the moment of creation it must have N such elements, N(uds).

Here are formulae of proton and neutron capture:

N(uds) + (uud) = (N+1)(uds) + us~ = (N+1)(uds) + e+ + gamma-quanta + neutrinos;
(N+1)(uds) + (udd) = (N+2)(uds) + ds~ = (N+2)(uds) + gamma-quanta + neutrinos;
. . .
Explosion.

Every reaction gives about 300 MeV output per each captured nucleon, which is hundred times more than fusion reaction output.

Consequently, strange matter can also be named as some sort of “black hole”.

Our Solar system can be ruined in a several days. Probability is very high.
Janelouise wrote:The collisions aren't even starting until mid-March to April!!
They can collide protons any of next days. The first collision or may be the billionth collision can lead to beginning of magnetic collapse. Nobody can stop it.
spencer wrote:Ivan Gorelik is a terrorist posing as a pseudo physicist.

This is the only thing that he has convinced me to believe.

He crossed the line a long time ago.

He should be deprived of any resource that he will use to promote terror and cause harm to innocent civilians.

spencer
Wait a little. Soon real global terrorists will send us all to Heavens.
Best regards, Ivan Gorelik.

Stephen

Post by Stephen » Thu Feb 25, 2010 1:47 pm

Okay, can someone please check these calculations closely and point out to any mistakes?

I get it that you think that Ivan is a lunatic etc., but I'm really nervous and would like to be reassured with concrete information. I would really appreciate it if someone explained this issue in detail, instead of just repeating "Ivan is insane and everything he writes is gibberish" over and over again.

Anyone? :sad-pacing:

chriwi
LHCPortal Guru

Post by chriwi » Thu Feb 25, 2010 2:19 pm

I am not firm in the maths, but for me it doesn't sound reasonable how a reaction con vertin up- and down-quarks into strange-quarks which have a much higher restmass than up and down can release energy, without math I would rather assume that it consumes energy to converting eitehr up or down to strange. :think:
bye

chriwi

LarryS

Post by LarryS » Thu Feb 25, 2010 3:50 pm

Ivan

I'm having a problem with your definition of "strange matter consists of (uds)"

An (uds) particle is a "pair" of spin separated particles ... Lamda with spin of 1/2 and Sigma with a spin of 3/2.

If you are implying that "strange matter" is just a collection of some ups some downs and some strange then these reactions are just garbage!

Garbage because you are not working with REAL particles.

MagneticTrap

Post by MagneticTrap » Thu Feb 25, 2010 4:46 pm

Quote from http://www.cpht.polytechnique.fr/rpp09/ ... rnodub.pdf
QCD in very strong magnetic fields: chiral dynamics and fractal dimensions
* Early Universe: B ~ 10^16 T or (eB)^(1/2) ~ 1 GeV

** Compact dense stars, such as magnetars:
B ~ 10^10 T or (eB)^(1/2) ~ 1MeV

*** Noncentral heavy-ion collisions:
B ~ 10^15 T or (eB)^(1/2) ~ 10MeV - 300MeV

Interesting effects:
Enhancement of the chiral condensate
Magnetization of the QCD vacuum
Chiral Magnetic Effect – signatures of CP violation at non-zero topological charge
Notes:
* 1 GeV corresponds to the rest energy of proton. A constituent element of magnetic hole can have rest energy about 2/3 of GeV.
** 10^10 teslas correspond to the surface of magnetars; internal regions can have critical fields.
*** 10^15 T was achieved at RHIC. 10^16 teslas will be achieved at LHC.
chriwi wrote:I am not firm in the maths, but for me it doesn't sound reasonable how a reaction con vertin up- and down-quarks into strange-quarks which have a much higher restmass than up and down can release energy, without math I would rather assume that it consumes energy to converting eitehr up or down to strange.

The sum of masses of quarks very greatly differs from the mass of nucleon, consisting from those quarks.
LarryS wrote:I'm having a problem with your definition of "strange matter consists of (uds)"
I also have a contradiction. In one approach I have x-boson, in this approach I have (uds)-fermion. But you have a possible solution, - “pairs”:
LarryS wrote:An (uds) particle is a "pair" of spin separated particles ... Lamda with spin of 1/2 and Sigma with a spin of 3/2.
They are not just separated. They form a highly regular lattice.

LarryS wrote:If you are implying that "strange matter" is just a collection of some ups some downs and some strange then these reactions are just garbage!
Huge field transforms “just a collection” into a domain of “ferromagnetic vacuum”. Topology is unknown. It is possible we will have here a closed short dimensions.

LarryS

Post by LarryS » Thu Feb 25, 2010 5:14 pm

Ivan wrote:

Huge field transforms “just a collection” into a domain of “ferromagnetic vacuum”. Topology is unknown. It is possible we will have here a closed short dimensions.

My analysis of your words:

You are assuming the existance of a "ferromagnetic vacuum"; you admit topology is unknown; plus you admit the existance of a closed short dimension is only possible ...from a reality standpoint you are on a "very slippery slope."

Science is based on "real" "measurable" concepts NOT convient "things" pulled from your imagination. You are not operating in the real world. You are not a physicist but a Charlitan engaging in flim-flam and mis-direction to scare an audience ...

CharmQuark
Site Admin

Post by CharmQuark » Thu Feb 25, 2010 5:19 pm

Thank you Larry :D
Anyone who doesn't take truth seriously in small matters cannot be trusted with large ones either by Albert Einstein.

Stephen

Post by Stephen » Thu Feb 25, 2010 7:50 pm

Keep it going. I would love for Ivan to be proved wrong once and for all.
Last edited by Stephen on Sun Apr 04, 2010 12:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

LarryS

Post by LarryS » Thu Feb 25, 2010 9:09 pm

Given Ivan’s fanatic belief in his “flim-flam” theories along with his state of mind that he is the expert of all experts in the entire world … nothing will ever convince him that he is wrong.

Not even when the LHC collides at 7 TeV for a 1000 seconds

Not even for an hour

Not even for a day

Not even for a month

Not even for a year

Not even for a decade

The only meaningful discussion one can have with this type of person is to never discuss anything at all and let them only be able to argue with themselves … But then, it is jolly good sport as long as we know he is wrong … wrong, wrong, WRONG!

CharmQuark
Site Admin

Post by CharmQuark » Thu Feb 25, 2010 9:23 pm

So he is WRONG then yeah :crazy: :shh: :wtf:
Anyone who doesn't take truth seriously in small matters cannot be trusted with large ones either by Albert Einstein.

Stephen

Post by Stephen » Thu Feb 25, 2010 9:53 pm

The main point is not to convince him that he's wrong, but to reassure those of us who are still nervous.

LarryS

Post by LarryS » Thu Feb 25, 2010 11:28 pm

If one looks back through these 39 pages of postings you will see that many people have said that he is wrong. Some by telling him that his concepts are "pulled from his anal orafice", some by trying to reason with him (all to no avail), some by trying to prove his mathematics are flawed (also to no avail), and many I suspect are just sitting on the side-lines shaking their heads.

Many have said he is wrong and none have said he is right except for himself. Why does the voice of one outweigh the voices of many.

In life you will always encounter those with strange ideas. If you believe, or even consider the ideas of these few to be important, then you will always be "somewhat concerned." However, with maturity should come common sense and the ability to dismiss them and not let them take control.

MagneticTrap

Post by MagneticTrap » Fri Feb 26, 2010 7:49 am

So he is WRONG then yeah
No.
Experiment at LHC will say us the truth.

A. If we all will die than dangerous condensate is possible.
B. If Geneva or whole Europe will be ruined then dangerous condensate is possible and it can decay because of overheating.
C. If we all survive then dangerous condensate can not be created at this energy or it is impossible.

I give the following probabilities for 3.5 TeV energies per particle and if a billion of collisions would be performed.

A. 49%.
B. 2%.
C. 49%.

I give the following probabilities for 7 TeV energies per particle and if a billion of collisions would be performed.

A. 69%.
B. 3%.
C. 28%.

7 TeV probabilities include 3.5 TeV probabilities. That means that if we survive after billion of 3.5 TeV collisions then the probabilities for 7 TeV will be:

A. 20%.
B. 1%.
C. 79%.

In any case (A, B, C) I am not wrong, because I give probabilities per good final and per bad final.
I am not a terrorist.
Terrorists are those, who conduct this Experiment and those, who promote it.

I think that the most dangerous terrorists are the authors of LSAG report.
Here is a phrase, told by one of them, by John Ellis:
“So, to finish the way to stop all this argument about whether the LHC is going to destroy the planet is to get the LHC working. Within a few weeks time, we will know that LSAG was right.”

Source: THE BLACK HOLE CASE: THE INJUNCTION AGAINST THE END OF THE WORLD. ERIC E. JOHNSON http://arxiv.org/ftp/arxiv/papers/0912/0912.5480.pdf
p. 858

chriwi
LHCPortal Guru

Post by chriwi » Fri Feb 26, 2010 8:30 am

The sum of masses of quarks very greatly differs from the mass of nucleon, consisting from those quarks.
I know that, but I also know that Quarks cannot exist allone with their restmass and thereby allways occur in groups which have a greater mass than the sum of their restmasses or in a plasma or condensate togetehr with gluons which also add the missing mass.
Only if there was a reaction leaving single seperate quarks and an exess of energy a chainreaction and would be possible, but there is just no possibility of such single quarks do to the strong force which would create gluons and new quark anti-quark pairs binding the additional energy. Physicists call this "confinement".
bye

chriwi

Stephen

Post by Stephen » Sun Feb 28, 2010 5:11 pm

MagneticTrap wrote: I think that the most dangerous terrorists are the authors of LSAG report.
Here is a phrase, told by one of them, by John Ellis:
“So, to finish the way to stop all this argument about whether the LHC is going to destroy the planet is to get the LHC working. Within a few weeks time, we will know that LSAG was right.”
I talked to John Ellis on the phone, and he took half an hour to answer all of my dumb questions without avoiding the point. It doesn't seem like a terrorist behavior to me.

Let me ask you something. Do you think the earthquakes in Haiti and Chile have anything to do with the LHC?

So basically if we survive the 3.5 TeV collisions, there is an 80% chance that we'll survivor the 7 TeV collisions as well? Do you accept the possibility that your theory can be incorrect?