Several biggest errors of particle physicists.

Anything can be discussed, tempers may flare.
This forum has no connection with CERN, the LHC or my site.

Moderator: CharmQuark

Forum rules
Any controversial topic can be discussed. Freedom of expression is encouraged. The scientific validity of things posted in this forum may stray from reality quite wildly and the reader is advised to keep that in mind. Please refrain from bad language and DO NOT get overly abusive with other members. You MUST post in English. It is OK to have fiercely intense debate. This forum has no connection with CERN, the LHC or my site. The views here do not represent the forum's views or my views in any way. It is meant as a place to debate or discuss subjects that may create heated debate. Almost no moderation will occur in this forum at all.
Stephen

Re: Several biggest errors of particle physicists.

Post by Stephen » Fri Apr 02, 2010 4:14 am

Ivan, take a look at Dr strange Feynman's comment at the end of this topic.
http://www.2012hoax.org/forum/t-222867/ ... ost-740768

It seems like he has similar ideas to yours. I'm ashamed to admit it, but he managed to put doubts in my mind.

MagneticTrap

Post by MagneticTrap » Fri Apr 02, 2010 7:12 am

Xymox wrote:Magnetic Wasps ? Huge magnetic doughnuts ?
http://www.news.com.au/technology/bueau ... 5848774377
Thank you Xymox!
Image Image
Yes, these patterns are beautiful. And magnetic wasps are better than the whole Earth explosion. But the date of this article is the 2-nd of April, the next day after the day of Fool.
Stephen wrote:Ivan, take a look at Dr strange Feynman's comment at the end of this topic.

It seems like he has similar ideas to yours. I'm ashamed to admit it, but he managed to put doubts in my mind.
Thank you Stephen!
Dr strange Feynman wrote:
RE LHC and atom smashers, in the 7 reasons section and earthquakes:

There are concerns that millions of collisions/sec will produce strangelets of form USD (up-strage-down) or multiple of those in equal number forming a condensate of 3 types, neural charge (aether), pos charge, and a neg charge. The neg charge stranglet get stable (with the lowest A number for stable condensate and most reactive+dangerous form) when there are 200-500 S quarks in the condensate (like bose-einstein condensates but with dark matter s quark). Now if this is stable, CERN likely knows that it is. So, the only safe thing is to contain it an a magnetic jar (which is what the ring is) via its charge. Supposedly, by feeding this condensate neutrons, you can create energy and the mass of the condensate continues to grow. This is a dangerous kind of energy source since it can consume all baryons of our world if it got loose. Supposedly, they harvested this strange condensate at the 1 TeV collider.

I notice you fail to mention this. Also, micro-black holes are supposed to dissipate when in a high energy quark-gluon plasma. However, the claim is that with a vortex can cool the mixture and allow stable formation. The large number of reactions in a small space could allow combining of microBHs.

Hawking also says, that microBH will radiate energy making them an energy source. However, current satellites cannot see emissions from blackhole (not being fed of course) thereby reducing their mass. He claims particles jump back in time reducing the BH mass and other wild stuff not verified.

My concern is we don't understand enough about concentrated collisions producing large numbers of S C T B quarks and specifically formations of fermi condensates. This is mostly and issue in 2013 when collider reaches 14TeV as planned. Anything over 10Tev should make the Charm, Top and Bot quarks appear.

I suspect they are not just trying to prove the SM AND higgs boson but rather are looking for dangerous energy sources of unlimited capacity but if the break their magnetic bottle, we all die. Why else would they invest so much in it? Perhaps they know the probability of having 200-500 S quarks is too unlikely given the total energy input and the usd decay rate. However, we have models that we assume are correct that we are trying to verify—ie a circle unproven. Scary to me.
Indeed, his text almost completely coincides with my thoughts about droplets of strange matter and impossibility to hold them.

Kasuha

Post by Kasuha » Fri Apr 02, 2010 7:37 am

Stephen wrote:Ivan, take a look at Dr strange Feynman's comment at the end of this topic.

I hope you were joking Stephen, with your current background I'd expect you to see how inconsistent and absurd that post is...
I'm only missing Mayan civilization and aliens mentioned in it.

CharmQuark
Site Admin

Post by CharmQuark » Fri Apr 02, 2010 1:17 pm

STEPHEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :angry-tappingfoot: Don't you dare go back down this road :romance-kisscheek: Remember you are better than this ;)
Anyone who doesn't take truth seriously in small matters cannot be trusted with large ones either by Albert Einstein.

Stephen

Post by Stephen » Fri Apr 02, 2010 6:26 pm

Of course these assertions are probably not true, but they still made me panic a little the first time I saw them. Old habits die hard, I guess.

Xymox
Site Admin

Post by Xymox » Fri Apr 02, 2010 6:32 pm

These things can actually be addicting. Si kicking the habit might be harder then it appears.

CharmQuark
Site Admin

Post by CharmQuark » Fri Apr 02, 2010 6:41 pm

Stephen wrote:Of course these assertions are probably not true, but they still made me panic a little the first time I saw them. Old habits die hard, I guess.
Well they do look ummmm very strange indeed, kinda awesome too though :D
Anyone who doesn't take truth seriously in small matters cannot be trusted with large ones either by Albert Einstein.

Stephen

Post by Stephen » Fri Apr 02, 2010 7:36 pm

Xymox wrote:These things can actually be addicting. Si kicking the habit might be harder then it appears.
True, I just need to stop automatically being afraid out of every little thing.

Xymox
Site Admin

Post by Xymox » Sat Apr 03, 2010 3:09 am

Ivan,

On this most recent run something very weird happened, LHCb started recording some REALLY weird collisions.. Where the particle tracks are all bent by unseen magnetic fields that must be VERY powerful to bend these partical tracks so intensly..

Xymox
Site Admin

Post by Xymox » Sat Apr 03, 2010 4:20 am

Just lots of really weird events

Xymox
Site Admin

Post by Xymox » Sat Apr 03, 2010 4:32 am

If you happen to see this while this run is going on you can see it here http://libris.nornagon.net/jca/lhc.htm

or here

http://lhcb-public.web.cern.ch/lhcb-pub ... EvDis.html

Stephen

Post by Stephen » Sat Apr 03, 2010 6:38 am

Xymox wrote:Ivan,

On this most recent run something very weird happened, LHCb started recording some REALLY weird collisions.. Where the particle tracks are all bent by unseen magnetic fields that must be VERY powerful to bend these partical tracks so intensly..
Please stop scaring me. Does anyone have a possible explanation for this phenomena?

MagneticTrap

Post by MagneticTrap » Sat Apr 03, 2010 6:59 am

Xymox wrote:On this most recent run something very weird happened, LHCb started recording some REALLY weird collisions.. Where the particle tracks are all bent by unseen magnetic fields that must be VERY powerful to bend these partical tracks so intensly..
I have no experience in track computations. So, I can not make any conclusions about abnormal curvatures of the tracks.
But I think, if microscopic magnetic holes were created, they can not bend the tracks of far particles, because the dipole field decreases drastically with distance.
Magnetic holes could be registered by huge ionization ability.

Xymox
Site Admin

Post by Xymox » Sat Apr 03, 2010 7:18 am

Well I have watched this display for a year. I have never even seen something close to these events.

There were hundrerds..

Tracks just don't occur like that. They come from one point, the point of collision, and mostly pass in a very straight line directly into the detector. SOME are bent by the magnet slightly left or right and then into the detector. You can see the normal tracks. But these curvy lines and spirals... VERY ABNORMAL..

These.... Make no sense at all.

There was eventually some type of power fluctuation on the main power feeding the magnets and that caused the beam to dump. But it ran for hours looking like the above collisions..

Strange events... For sure..

Guys, im just reporting what we saw..

Stephen

Post by Stephen » Sat Apr 03, 2010 7:28 am

Did these collisions harmed the detectors or the magnets in some way? Did this strong magnetic field disappear after the beam was dumped, or is there any possibility in remained in the machine? Do you think it might be something dangerous, or caused by new particles detected?