Several biggest errors of particle physicists.

Anything can be discussed, tempers may flare.
This forum has no connection with CERN, the LHC or my site.

Moderator: CharmQuark

Forum rules
Any controversial topic can be discussed. Freedom of expression is encouraged. The scientific validity of things posted in this forum may stray from reality quite wildly and the reader is advised to keep that in mind. Please refrain from bad language and DO NOT get overly abusive with other members. You MUST post in English. It is OK to have fiercely intense debate. This forum has no connection with CERN, the LHC or my site. The views here do not represent the forum's views or my views in any way. It is meant as a place to debate or discuss subjects that may create heated debate. Almost no moderation will occur in this forum at all.
Stephen
Posts: 496
Joined: Sun Nov 22, 2009 11:09 pm

Re: Several biggest errors of particle physicists.

Post by Stephen » Sun Mar 21, 2010 6:23 am

Didn't you say that you're only a physics teacher and not an actual physicist because the mainstream scientists wouldn't let you work in the field?

From which university did you get a physics degree?

User avatar
MagneticTrap
Posts: 162
Joined: Thu Dec 03, 2009 2:56 pm
Location: Ukraine Crimea Feodosia
Contact:

Re: Several biggest errors of particle physicists.

Post by MagneticTrap » Sun Mar 21, 2010 7:38 am

Didn't you say that you're only a physics teacher and not an actual physicist because the mainstream scientists wouldn't let you work in the field?
Let’s look at the following example.

Who is a Physicist, A or B?

A. A man, who had a job of physicist at some organization and works from 9.00 to 17.00 as a robot, without any ideas and interests.

B. A man who is interested in the Nature, who works sometime 24 hours a day, who get up sometime at the middle of night in order to write solution of some problem.
From which university did you get a physics degree?
I am ready to read some lectures to university professors about dangers, connected with LHC and about Eternal 4d-rotating Universe.

A. There are people, who had received a university education and stopped their self-development. They spent their money into stomach. They spent their free time per games and rest.

B. There are people, who had received a university education and developed themselves dozens of years by solution of Nature problems. They spent their money into books. They spent their free time per solution of Nature problems.

Stephen
Posts: 496
Joined: Sun Nov 22, 2009 11:09 pm

Re: Several biggest errors of particle physicists.

Post by Stephen » Sun Mar 21, 2010 8:22 am

You didn't answer my question. Since you mentioned you had a physics degree, I'm interested in knowing which university you got it from.

By the way, you admitted yourself that you didn't use any calculations to decide the probability of a global catastrophe, but rather followed your instincts to determine it. Do you really think that you have the right to kill millions of people solely because your gut feeling tells you to do it?

User avatar
Allan
Posts: 109
Joined: Fri Nov 27, 2009 7:10 pm
Location: Denver, Colorado

Re: Several biggest errors of particle physicists.

Post by Allan » Sun Mar 21, 2010 8:00 pm

Stephen wrote:You didn't answer my question. Since you mentioned you had a physics degree, I'm interested in knowing which university you got it from.

By the way, you admitted yourself that you didn't use any calculations to decide the probability of a global catastrophe, but rather followed your instincts to determine it. Do you really think that you have the right to kill millions of people solely because your gut feeling tells you to do it?
Hi Stephen;

You have not figured out yet that Ivan never answers any questions. All he does is spouts garbage. Hence my reason for calling him a troll. I stick by my earlier comment; Don't feed the troll! If you leave him alone he will be quiet. If you keep asking him questions all he will do is continue to spout his garbage.

Allan

User avatar
MagneticTrap
Posts: 162
Joined: Thu Dec 03, 2009 2:56 pm
Location: Ukraine Crimea Feodosia
Contact:

Re: Several biggest errors of particle physicists.

Post by MagneticTrap » Mon Mar 22, 2010 7:12 am

Write to Geneva and plead the citizens of Geneva to block the entrances to LHC.
Stephen wrote:You didn't answer my question. Since you mentioned you had a physics degree, I'm interested in knowing which university you got it from.
Entered – Dnepropetrovsk University; finished – Moscow Pedagogical Institute.
+ 30 years of self-education.
Stephen wrote:By the way, you admitted yourself that you didn't use any calculations to decide the probability of a global catastrophe, but rather followed your instincts to determine it.
No. There were some probability-computations.
Stephen wrote:..Do you really think that you have the right to kill millions of people solely because your gut feeling tells you to do it?
Dear Stephen, lets imagine the situation.

If you kill one innocent person, a hundred of person will be saved.
If you will not kill one person, a hundred of persons will die.

Say the truth. What will you do in this situation, especially if among that hundred of people there are your children and mother?

Write to Geneva and plead the citizens of Geneva to block the entrances to LHC.

http://darkenergy.narod.ru/

User avatar
Xymox
Site Admin
Posts: 1020
Joined: Wed Nov 11, 2009 12:55 pm
Location: Phoenix, Az USA
Contact:

Re: Several biggest errors of particle physicists.

Post by Xymox » Mon Mar 22, 2010 8:51 am

Ivan did answer my question...
Xymox wrote:
Ok so.... Ivan,
How do we disprove your ideas ?
It is impossible because I am correct
But what if your not correct ?

Look we ALL think we are right about things as we go along in life only to discover later we were COMPLETELY wrong. Its human !..

Look if your wrong, we wont hate you. You have a interesting set of ideas, your smart, your fun ! Those are the important things, not the specifics of some technical details of a idea. If you admitted you might be wrong you would get a better reaction from everybody.

Its OK to be wrong. You just gotta be able to admit you might be wrong. EVERYBODY might be wrong about everything. So its POSSIBLE your wrong. Its possible im wrong. You might be right. Im willing to listen and test if your right and im wrong. Im willing to admit it. If you can prove it I will be the first to admit I was absolutely and completely wrong... BUT you gotta be able to prove it.

Im trying to come to a method to prove your ideas.

OR if we cant do that then to disprove your ideas.

We need a defined method. Some test.. So I figure a years worth of 7TeV collisions would start to disprove your ideas. A years worth of 14TeV collisions would seem to completely disprove these ideas. If we cant prove them, maybe we can disprove them.

I would like to get to a agreement with you on some test of your theory. Some way we can verify your ideas.

Look if you can prove your claims then I will be the first to help you. Lets find a way to prove or disprove your ideas..

Thats very basic science.. You know that..

Stephen
Posts: 496
Joined: Sun Nov 22, 2009 11:09 pm

Re: Several biggest errors of particle physicists.

Post by Stephen » Tue Mar 23, 2010 7:24 am

Ivan, you claim that in the magnetized excited vacuum region, the particles transform from having ferromagnetic properties, into having antiferromagnetic properties.

According to photino and Wikipedia, antiferromagnetism is not dangerous or rare.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Antiferromagnetism
Can you tell us why are you worried by these things?

If you used any calculations to determine the probability of a global catastrophe, you are welcome to show them. However, I can quote you admitting that your predictions are only guess work.
MagneticTrap wrote: Good economist or politician can make quite good predictions about future developments in the correspondent area. I give my predictions as a physicist, who had a quite solid experience in this branch of human activity. I'm no worse than physicists from CERN, and I had shown you their crude errors.

Stephen
Posts: 496
Joined: Sun Nov 22, 2009 11:09 pm

Re: Several biggest errors of particle physicists.

Post by Stephen » Sat Mar 27, 2010 12:41 pm

By the way, Ivan. You may be interested in knowing that I told physics professors about your theory of magnetic holes, and none of them believed it to be true (they also advised me to check your background and level of education). They explained to me the fact that magnetic interactions are quite different from gravity, so a magnetic analogy of a black hole may not necessarily be possible.

Regarding your argument of atmospheric magnetic holes being destroyed by further collisions - cosmic rays vary in frequency and energy. If magnetic holes were possible, we should have already seen them by now. There are areas in space where cosmic rays are rare, so the idea of them being generated one after the other in the same exact location is quite far fetched.

User avatar
MagneticTrap
Posts: 162
Joined: Thu Dec 03, 2009 2:56 pm
Location: Ukraine Crimea Feodosia
Contact:

Re: Several biggest errors of particle physicists.

Post by MagneticTrap » Mon Mar 29, 2010 8:32 am

Tomorrow, despite to our protests, CERN plans to perform the first collisions of protons with the energy 3.5 TeV per proton (7 TeV per collision).
I give about 50% that the dangerous microscopic object will be created. It will grow, ruining the ordinary matter, and can ruin our planet or a part of it.

Here is my crude estimation of probable outcomes:
1. Explosion of the whole Earth – 49%.
2. Extermination of Geneva – 1%.
3. Extermination of Europe – 1%.
4. Other harmful unpredictable consequences – 5%.
5. Discovery of new subnuclear energy sources – 5%.
6. Outcomes with no harm and no use – the rest.

At the point 1 we all will die.
At the points 2, 3, 4 a part of humanity will be killed. Destruction of a part of the Earth will be followed by huge Earthquake all over the Earth. To raise the probability of survival it is necessary to be at the free air with the stalk of water, food and warm clothes.

The most probable microscopic dangerous objects are:
1. Microscopic magnetic hole.
2. Growing nucleus, consisting from strange nucleons and/or neutrons (uds, uss, udd).
3. Microscopic black hole.

According to ideas of Kaluza, Klein and Einstein about additional short spatial dimension and unification of gravitational and electromagnetic forces, we can conclude that black holes, at least at microscopic levels, can be reduced to objects of the first or the second types. That means that microscopic black hole is in fact a condensate, consisting from bosons, as magnetic hole, or from fermions, as strange matter. Condensates have a binding energy per their constituent elements. This changes the argumentation about survival and penetrating abilities of black holes, created in cosmic and collider proton-proton collisions...

----------
Dear Xymox and Stephen I did not answered to you in time, because my health is already ruined by depression. I know that we all can be killed. I can not save myself, my family, my land. Criminal stupidity of corrupted contemporary science had won.

Kasuha
Posts: 569
Joined: Tue Dec 15, 2009 1:22 pm

Re: Several biggest errors of particle physicists.

Post by Kasuha » Mon Mar 29, 2010 8:41 am

MagneticTrap wrote:despite to our protests
Despite your protests. Not our.

Hummmm... 50% the first day = 75% in two days = 87.5% in three days = ... = 99.3% in seven days.

Will you buy every CERN employee a beer if nothing happens in a week?

Or is it 50% that you're totally wrong?

User avatar
Xymox
Site Admin
Posts: 1020
Joined: Wed Nov 11, 2009 12:55 pm
Location: Phoenix, Az USA
Contact:

Re: Several biggest errors of particle physicists.

Post by Xymox » Mon Mar 29, 2010 9:02 am

BEER !

You realize Ivan that tiny numbers of protons have been randomly colliding each time the ramps have occurred. So some 7TeV collisions have occurred already.

But yea...

Nothing like the 1.5E10 that are gonna collide shortly. And then again, and again, and again...

So tomorrow you will have to face the reality that you have a 50% chance your wrong, by your own calculations..

User avatar
Xymox
Site Admin
Posts: 1020
Joined: Wed Nov 11, 2009 12:55 pm
Location: Phoenix, Az USA
Contact:

Re: Several biggest errors of particle physicists.

Post by Xymox » Mon Mar 29, 2010 9:04 am

Ivan, you need a cool avatar for the forum.

User avatar
TwoPointOh
Posts: 23
Joined: Thu Feb 18, 2010 10:27 am

Re: Several biggest errors of particle physicists.

Post by TwoPointOh » Mon Mar 29, 2010 9:36 am

Xymox wrote:Ivan, you need a cool avatar for the forum.
http://thumbs.dreamstime.com/thumb_165/ ... sM4ZG8.jpg

User avatar
Xymox
Site Admin
Posts: 1020
Joined: Wed Nov 11, 2009 12:55 pm
Location: Phoenix, Az USA
Contact:

Re: Several biggest errors of particle physicists.

Post by Xymox » Mon Mar 29, 2010 9:37 am

Dear Xymox and Stephen I did not answered to you in time, because my health is already ruined by depression. I know that we all can be killed. I can not save myself, my family, my land. Criminal stupidity of corrupted contemporary science had won.
Ivan, I am concerned about your health.. I actually really am.. There is nothing I can do to help you with your fears I am afraid tho.

Whatever happens DO NOT do anything that might cause yourself harm. You are important to your family, I am sure they love you.

No kidding at all. I do not want you to be depressed about this. I truly wish I could help you see that the LHC will not kill us.

:romance-grouphug:

Maybe after a few days of collisions you might want to consider that it might be ok and the LHC might not kill us...

Stephen
Posts: 496
Joined: Sun Nov 22, 2009 11:09 pm

Re: Several biggest errors of particle physicists.

Post by Stephen » Mon Mar 29, 2010 12:56 pm

Ivan, there might not be any reason for you to ruin your health. I contacted some professors who explained to me some basic errors in your arguments. If you want, we can discuss this issue in length and maybe you can return to your normal life in a few days when nothing bad happens.

On a side note, did you read pi's comment on this article (his comment is second to last)? I think you will find it interesting, as he mentions some of your ideas.
http://blogs.discovermagazine.com/cosmi ... c-restart/

Post Reply